Hey Trep

• Thread starter Ron288 Callahan
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron288 Callahan

Reaction score
Hey Trep i just wanted wanted to give you some local info on allatoona. they had a double drowning this morning at RedTop.I dont know all the info but that sure is tough for the familys and sunday is mothers day. thats :(

Associated Press - May 9, 2008 5:54 PM ET

CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say two boys from North Cobb High School have drowned while swimming with friends at Lake Allatoona.

Bartow County sheriff's Maj. Bryan Keeling says as many as 10 students from the school in Kennesaw were at the lake Friday. He said a 15-year-old and an 18-year-old failed to make it back to shore.

They were not identified. School district spokesman Jay Dillon said one was a freshman and the other was a freshman or sophomore.

"It doesn't appear they were ever at the school today," Dillon said.

He said grief counselors would be on campus Monday for students and teachers.

Mike - Thanks for posting the article.

Ron - WOW, Man I hate when anyone drowns, especialy kids, and you are right Mother's day is gonna be tough for that family from now on.

ALL of you boat safe, ride/drive safe, and keep an eye on your kids - they are all we have for the next generation!

Trep

Back