Hey Sim and other Central KY Guys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
I found this on another web page. FYI

Sportsman's Warehouse is coming to Lexington. They will be located near the intersection of Winchester Rd and Sir Barton Way (in front of the new Lowe's and Walmart). Currently, the closest store is in Memphis, TN. Their website is listed below.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/

yeah... seen that... won't know what to think till I see it...

I figured you may have seen it already. Tee this is gonna be less than a mile from the interstate, should be easy for you to get to also.

No... exit 110 is Winchester Road...

Mt. vernon is quite a ways down yet... exit 62 I think.

I am really stocked up for Spring pretty much already except for some backup spinners I need to get. Of course there's March Madness that I usually can't resist at BPS;)

Hope to see both of you this Spring...I gotta' quit procrastenating:blink:

I dont think this store will be open untill fall at the earliest. The Lowes and Walmart are not even started yet from what I heard. Shoot I am 45 minutes from LexVegas now and don't get that way to often anymore. I live about 5 miles off the exit 76.

Donnie

How about you and Sim hook up with me one or two days when I'm at Dale in March or April?

Hmm.....I probally can. I got a baby due any day now and I will probally need a break come March and April. I have been promising my buddies I would take them fishing. How is the crappie fishing that time of year? If the smallies are not biting I would love to catch a mess of them.

Timing is everything... if we can we certainly will!

Crappie are hiitin' good at that time and those black nose crappy are slabs:cool:

After all these years ....I never had fished for them because I didn't really know where to go but, me and Kim finally figured out in what areas to fish...it's on now. Even caught a nice 5lb. LM whilst doin' it last year:cool:

Update:

Sim may have seen this but I will post it anyway for you TEE....

The contractor came in to get various approvals today. The building will have about 62,000 square feet. There will be approximately 49,000 sq. feet on the first floor and 13,000 on the second. Construction should begin this spring and the building should be completed by next year. Apparently, Sportsman's Warehouse is somehow affiliated with Bass Pro. I am

being told that consumers may use Bass Pro gift cards at

Sportman's Warehouse

Guys, unless something has changed "Sportsman's Warehouse is somehow affiliated with Bass Pro", It is Bass Pro Shop's Sportsman's Warehouse. We had one in Atlanta, I believe ours was the first in the US, it is a slightly smaller store then a regular Bass Pro, not as many Tanks, displays of wildlife... I thought I heard the reason they "upgraded" ours to a full Bass Pro was WAY too much traffic, sales and such at the Sportsman's Warehouse and that Atlanta could definetly support a much larger store and boat facility.

I was thinking about it and I don't believe they (SW) will hurt Backwater's bottom line. I for one perfer going a couple miles down the road to get that hard to get lure and maybe some fishing info from someone who actually hits the water a few days of the week. This may actually get some people off the interstate and while in the store, they may hear about Backwaters. Afterall Backwaters is only about 10 mintutes from where the new SW will be.

SW and BPS have what 'everyone' has...later... rarely anything truly new and unique on the Tour is there.

Backwater's will always be at least one step ahead of that.

We had Beavers while they were still being packaged in zip locks.

We had Paca Craws the same way.

The new RoboWorm and other Hand Pours....

Point being, and especially now that Bill is back on the Elite Circuit, we will always carry things that you simply cannot get elsewhere, and our pricing will always be competiive, and you'll get them from us _way_ before you'll get them elsewhere.

That, and we can tell you how/where/when to use them on the local lakes... I have yet to meet a clerk at one of the big box stores that actually cared enough to know... sometimes you get lucky, most of the time ya don't.

Anyway... Crappie, Bass, Gills and Walleye... time to go fishin!

Back