HEY Pat Goff

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Pat, need some help. I know you are not a big fan of Lazer props. I have one on my Mercury 90 Hp . It is on a 640LX. I need something to handle mud better than the Lazer, it is a soft prop. Pat since the Hurricane (Katrina) hit our area, a lot of marsh was blow apart and settled on the bottom of our waterways. The Lazer is getting tore up. I have a 22 pitch, not sure of wheel size on my boat. What prop will perform:) better and what size do I order????

Bubby

Forgot to mention, I have a 6" jack plate. Will the 19 pitch cause me to turn to many RPM's at WOT??? With the 22 pitch Laser I turn 5600 WOT, that is perfect.

Thanks Pat,

Bubby:)

Bubby, I just put a 19 pitch Powertech PTR on my 90 hp 640LX from a 22 pitch Laser and it made a huge difference. It raised my bow so much I felt like a rock skipping over the water:D I don't have a jack plate so I can only get 4900 rpms at WOT. Currently it's mounted in the third hole so I think I can go up a hole or two and get in the 5000 range and keep my water pressure.

Thanks Stan, what about speed, did you increase or decrease top end speed???

Bubby:)

Bubby my top end increased but I don't know by how much. I don't have a GPS yet and the speedo pick up was accidentially flipped up while I hung on for dear life. The lake I was on yesterday was white capping as I was testing the prop in route to my favorite fishing spot. I can say the PTR prop raised the bow so much that I could have lost it. It was a blast!!!! I'm still making adjustments to try and get up to 5200-5300 rpms range. I may have to use a 3.5 setback or a 4" jack plate to accomplish this. I have very limited space in my garage so whatever I do I can't lengthen the entire boat package by very much and get the garage door closed.

Stan not to 4" adjustable plate in a box and ready to ship if you want to try one?

BF

Don't have a clue as to how "Stan I have a" turned into "Stan not to"

OK now I remember it should have read...

Stan not to change subject but I have a 4" adjustable plate...

Sorry about that

Bruce

Thanks Bruce I may take you up on it but I want to talk to my prop guy about what my next step should be first. Right now I'm only 1.5 inches over the transom so I have some room to improve my top speed but I'm not sure if it will solve the low RPM issue. I may have to go to a 17 or 18 pitch to get 5300 rpm for the current 4900 I'm getting now.

Back