Hey Jim B.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Did you try to mount your new windshield clips yet? MAN, what a pain. At least for me. They work fine by themselves. They clip together, UNTIL you factor in the thickness of a WINDSHIELD! LOL I had to take the rubber spacers off of them, but then the windshield was loose. So I put the rubber spacers on the outer two, minus the plastic washers, and on the front 3, the washers, but no rubber spacers. That seemed to do the trick. Boy, I would have thought it was going to be easier. I HAD to do it though, since I had already drilled the 3/4" HOLES into my console. No turning back. I only did the passenger side so far. I don't know if I want to do the other! LOL But it looks kind of goofy with only 1 done.

Let me know how it goes for you ok!

Rob mine do go on ok. I did mine last weekend and it went pretty easy. The one my pass windshield a couple were a little tough to get clipped but they seem to have either broken in some or the rubber thing has compressed a little. Both sides are easy to remove/reinstall now. Btw you dont need to drill a 3/4" hole a 5/8" is perfect and they fit real snug in the hole then.

Greg

We both got some windshield clips that replace those screws that loosen up all the time and have to be removed anytime you want to clean behind the windshield. They look like this, its a great upgrade.

WSH-1.jpg

Aaaaah, 3/4"....5/8"....what's the difference? LOL I made it fit perfect, just couldn't remember the size. I was hoping they would break in after a while.

Back