Hey Jeff G

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Jeff-

Saw your post about fising the St. Joe River a few weeks ago...I was on it about 3 weeks ago, but mainly fishing for walleye...we only boated a few dinks that day...water was high and muddy at the time (before we got all this snow!)

We should hook up and fish this spring some time...

Potato Creek looks about 1/2 way between us...ever fish it?

I get an annual out-of-state for Indiana every year because I can't stand waiting until Memorial Day weekend to fish for bass!!!

az

Thanks for bumping this. I've been so busy lately, I don't get to check the board much. Much less add many comments.

I live about an hour south of S.Bend. I friend of mine that loves to go on charters all the time hooked me up for this trip. This is a captain that I had been with on Lake Michigan. He's really good. But he runs on the river in the winter. Has an enclosed pontoon boat with a kerosene heater. I go on the lake charters with my friend quite often, but I don't really get too excited about trolling. Too boring and I don't feel like I'm really doing any fishing. But, I REALLY enjoyed the steelhead fishing on the river. And now that I've seen how it's done, hell, I was thinking of taking my boat up and doing it myself. There's really not much to it.

I would love to hook up sometime this spring. It would give me a chance to get an annual Michigan license......which would of course mean that I would have to get plenty of uses out of it.

Shoot me an email when this nightmar-ish cold crap finally decides to end. :) They are calling for nasty stuff tomorrow. Snow, then freezing rain, then rain, then freezing rain and then some more snow. 7 am Thurs thru midnight Friday. Fun stuff!

I've never been on any water in lower Michigan before (other than this St. Joe trip). We had an older friend that has since passed away, that had a cabin 10 miles south of the big bridge. We used to go up every year and fish on the Black River, Indian River, etc.

Anyway, Keep in touch.

Jeff

Sounds like a plan Jeff...

Potato Creek is a State Park that's still in Indiana...

It's west of 31 on route 4?...they dammed up the creek and made a small reservoir...electric motors only...had a blast there one day last April...should be about a 45 minute drive for both of us...Maybe we can meet up there when the lakes thaw...I'll hook you up here in Michigan if you want, but you can't bass fish until Memorial Day weekend...

GO AWAY SNOW!!!

az

I had forgotten where Potato Creek was. Just looked. It's not too far from Koontz Lake. I have never been on it either, but I think it's a pretty decent small lake. There used to be a Tracker dealer on Koontz. I took my old aluminum boat up there a few times.

Anyway, sounds great. I'll sure be glad when spring gets here!!!!

I'm going to the Bassmaster Univ. next weekend in Indy. I'll REALLY have the fever then!!!!

Back