Hey Ed.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Ed

If you'd have looked in the service lot out back you'd have seen a white Tundra WT. They(my dealer) can't figure it out. The technitions deffinetly agree something is very wrong with the trailer. They said they spent a day trying to get it right. They sent pictures to Tracker which Tracker forwarded to the engineers who designed the trailer. So far I have heard nothing. I have a bad bad feeling and my stomach is doing flip flops. So....Do I feel the now infamous Tracker Screwing is forth coming????? I hope not but in light of what has been posted here about Tracker I'm not too optimistic as I sense things have been put into the "stall mode".

The service manager asked me this afternoon on my voice mail if I wanted to come and take it home until Tracker decides on what to do. Tomorrow I will reply with "I'm coming for the gear left in the boat. After that you can have it back until it's right."

Sadly I have had several "I told you so's" and that hurts. No one wants to be right at the expense of a friend but ..........:(

I will keep everyone informed.

Mike

fatrap

Sadly I have had several "I told you so's" and that hurts. No one wants to be right at the expense of a friend but .

Well, I haven't said anything and I sure would NOT want to be right at your expense Mike.

I will pray, send happy thoughts and do whatever I have to, to help you get your boat fixed to your liking. I'd like to know just how many Tundra's were built and sold nationwide and what percentage of them had anything wrong?

Ok MIke. I'm going to turn in sending you my best happy thoughts so you can take it easy without worrying, ok?

Uncle Billy

It sounds like the issue is with the trailer not the boat. If the dealer and tracker agree to handle the cost they should be able to get this done locally. I mean if the trailer and boat fit ok otherwise and it trailers ok ,a local shop should be able line things up on the front end, and do any painting for the trailer that needs done after the repairs. The one I saw on the floor didn't look to line up either. I didn't look to see if the keel lined up with center of the trailer. If yours does then get them to have the roller bracket relocated locally by someone trustworthy and fix any cosmetics that may need it. At least that way you know who and how it was fixed.

Are you happy with the boat otherwise?

Lift the boat off its current trailer and drop it on another Tundra trailer. Perhaps that would confirm a trailer problem. Then tell them you'll use that trailer till they get yours fixed.

Good luck dude...I know exaxctly what your going through.

The problem is with the trailer. It's crooked. The boat fishes and works fine with the exception of a loose bilge pump wire and a speedo not hooked up right. Over thirty g's for a boat and the trailer isn't right?? Well I'm not happy especially if I have to wait forever to get it fixed.

I lost sleep over this last night. That's my curse I'm a worry wart.

fatrap:(

Smitty has a good idea if they will go for it. Sorry about your troubles, geez you hate to have problems with something new.

That's the whole thing that has me going. My Nitro went down my driveway for the last time Monday. It was a wonderful boat 14 years old and not a bit of trouble in that time and most of all paid for. I'm really wishing I'd have just kept it now. I could hire a lot of guides at the places I want to fish with the Tundra , for the amount I spent. Oh well.

fatrap

BTW This a great weight loss program. I've lost five pounds already.:(

Latest posts

Back