Hey BMCD - 911 Livewell Question(s)..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
I assume you have the same livewell setup as mine... 2 pumps, system 3 and 5 Flowrite valves...

If you still have the stock setup, are you satisfied with how they work? For whatever reason, I cannot get a good flow rate pumping in or out..

Can't decide if I should swap pumps, valves or all of it.

The pumps "work"... but I get nothing coming in, and if I do add water, the pumpout is slow.

Are your "ins" on the transom about midway with the motor?

Recircs on the bottom, near the plug?

How do you set your valves to pump in, out, etc??

I like my livewells, i have one pump giving me problems though. I had to replace it on Amistad 2003 with a spare pump i had, and it just never been the same. It pumps slow.

Not pumping water fast is either a kink or clog, a pump not sealed, or just a bad connection. One of my dislikes is how they run the wires thru the hull, Nitro is not the only one, but that can make high resistnce connections over time due to rust and corrosion.

I have 3 ins. Driver side livewell and front livewell are transom mounts, the passenger livewell is a step mount.

Recircs pull water from the drain and pump back in, with air injection bout mid level of the livewell.

I usually keep my valves set to recirc at all times. I have 2 switches for each livewell. Pump in or Pumpout/Recirc. Pump in always will pump water in no mater the valve setting.

My suggestion is to replace the connectors going to the aerator pumps and see if that makes a diff. Check for clogs and kinks and reseed those pumps on the bases.

If you have problems pumping water into the livewell, try using the recirc pump with the valve set to empty. That will pump fresh water in when your in a bind.

Hope it all makes sense.

Hey Bryan, how do you like Amistad? When my dad was in the Border Patrol (before i was born) he lived in Del Rio Texas and him and his dad would fish Amistad a lot.

Funny thing is they had a 15 foot boat with a 10 horse engine. He's said that they got a lot of wierd looks when launching at a ramp with a bunch of big boats on that lake.

BJ

I have completely closed off the front livewell... I'll use it as a spare cooler/dry storage area.

I think I'll start as you suggested, with the valves... the pumps all turn on, but no flow to speak of.

I rarely get to fish it cuz close 5 hr drive for me. I only wish i could fish it more. I have only been on the lake when it was 40-50ft low. I understand is up bout 30+ft, that would make it a totally different lake.

Looks like i will make it back in March 2006.

sim - In addition to what BMCD told you (which was great!), check your throw for the ball valve cables on your Flo-rite switches. I've had to adjust them before to get full opening/closing. I did the exact same on the front well with my 911. Now they're coolers only.

Back