Here's a couple of short (but IMPORTANT) boating tips....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
First, don't go screaming down a city-owned lake at 55 mph when the sunrise to sunset speed limit is 45.

Second, <b><u>read</b></u> the little brochure (the city gives to you when you buy the seasonal launching permit) that EXPLAINS their local laws before going screaming at 55 mph down said-lake which has the afore-mentioned 45 mph dawn-to-dusk speed limit.

Third, hide the aforementioned brochure from your wife BEFORE she opens it and reads that there is the aforementioned 45 mph dawn-to-dusk speed limit.

Fourth, if you're not going to read said brochure before screaming down aforementioned city-owned lake at 55 mph, tape over the speedometer so that your wife can't see how fast you're going. (Note: This is called <i>"plausible deniability"</i>!)

Oh, and finally....if the little brochure with the detailed description of the local speed limit is brought to your attention, then compared with how fast you were actually going, and then your spouse lovingly says, "<b><u>I</u></b> wasn't going <i><u>that</i></u> fast when <b><u>I</u></b> was driving!" DO NOT respond with, "Well, you just need more seat time to get comfortable with the boat."

Also, when having the time of your life in 3 to 4 foot waves in your 700 nitro make sure you have taken off your nite light poles, or at least wear a helmet so when the front one goes flying past your head you might not lose all your front teeth when your smile is so big your cheeks hurt,,,, wooo hooo what a weekend!!!

Steve B.

Or.......Never admit you didn't know that the lake was "No Wake" after 5pm as you speed 70mph to your favorite fishing hole.....Silly Wisconsin rules anyway......

TOXIC

Naw, she's just too purty to leave home. B'sides, she can drive the boat on and off the trailer and save me a bit of work!!

Back