Here is option #1....What do you think?

• Thread starter Bryan Fary [URL]http://www.foothillsmarine.com/Cat
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
I have an offer from a dealer on a new 2005 Skeeter SX190 with a Yamaha 150 VMax. Their offer is $21750 out the door tax, title, etc. It is a little or about $5000 more than I wanted to spend, but the prices on used boats were still in the $18000 range w/o a warranty. Input from the group on this deal is appreciated and requested.

Bryan

The link is for the exact boat with the options shown. The dealer's price on the website is a little higher than he will sell it to me for since it is a leftover '05. I have figured in my tax and the dealer's title charges and subtracted the $750 rebate from Skeeter to get to my out the door price of $21750.
http://www.foothillsmarine.com/CatalogPro.asp?Collection=44&Item=533

Bryan ,you went to the boat show as i did....the skeeter is the smarter choice for the money,look at the upgrades you get included in that price,versus a Nitro that you have to add all that stuff and jack up the price...Think about it,,,,easy answer ...Do it

I just got an email from the dealer that I saw at the boat show and he took a 2004 skeeter zx190 on trade today. He is sending pictures and details on the deal tomorrow.

Bryan

That's a sweet ride! If I was looking for an 05 glass boat with a 150 I'd jump on it. It's my favorite boat color too. I would probably upgrade to a GPS/finder at the console. But that just me.........

Is the 190 a true 19fter? If so is a 150 underpowering the rig? I know most 18ft tourney type rigs are minimum 150hp and some run 175hp, i'd expect a 19ft to have at least a 175??

Just in case you weren't aware.

The SX Skeets use wood in transom and floors. You cannot install a jackplate without it violating your warranty. Not ragging it, it is what it is.

Patt - is the void warranty BECAUSE of the wood or just 2 different issues??

I looked at that rig....it's nice but..........look at the NITRO 882's for less with more options. One actually has a 175 and is still less. The only thing I see different is 1 extra X47 and aluminum rims. Did you really compare? Does the Skeet have trailer brakes? It is hard to tell because the Skeeter does not have all of its options listed I would guess.

TOXIC

Trep, Apples to Oranges I know because of the brand, my 187 Champ has a 150 but is rated for a 175 and it's just fine. Jumps up on plane like a Champ....LOL and with the 10 inch jackplate is over 19ft. ??? Does this help, not sure.

BF

Bryan,

Here is one that you might be interested in. Ask Pat Goff about these Bass Cat's. He has sold a lot different types of boats and he can give you the low down on most brands.

http://www.fishingworld.com/vDealers/TX/RockwallMarine/Details.tmpl?SKU=111513196252930825&RID=5422216

Kevin

bought your NX882;)

The SX190 is rated for 150hp max. This boat with the Yamaha Vmax 150 is rated at 62-63 mph. They actually sell alot of these SX190's with Yamaha 115 four strokes. That is definitely underpowered and drops the maximum speed to 45-47 mph. Skeeter is owned by Yamaha, so that is the ONLY option for power on it, but definitely not a bad option.

Hey kevin....are you still running my old 882? Some days, I wish I still had it...especially now! Hope it is still working out well for you.

Bryan

Bruce - Nope you didn't help!! LOL Unless what you mean is that Pat had 2 seperate comments, one on wood and the second one on Jackplates voiding warranty, and that its not the wood that causes them to not allow jackplates???

Heck my Nitro has wood in the decks and transom and I have a jackplate, but WAY out of warranty!! LOL Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Hey Bryan,

I still have your NX882, however, this Friday I am driving to Mountain Home, Arkansas to pick up my new Bass Cat Sabre. 882 is still runnin fine. I put a new diaphragm in it this spring and then it was much easier to start as this kept the primer bulb tight. I got her cleaned up and she is looking good, I really like the color combination on the 882. I will probably sell it in the summer. I don't have room for all the toys. I have my garage and my dads full of toys. Take a look at Jaco's marine. They have some excellent buys on new Nitro's and ProCraft boats. Here is the link http://www.jacosmarine.com/

Good luck! :D

Kevin

Back