help?

• Thread starter David Munaretto
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
Okay, I could use some ideas. Boat was in for repairs most of the winter, and stored outside - my front roller is cracked and has basically fallen out - my 901 is darn near sitting on the metal pin. Any suggestions as to how I can *gently* lift the front of the boat (prior to ice out) to insert a new roller? I'd hate to hit a bump in the road on the way to the lake this spring, and I live in the land of potholes (chicago)...

David

If you loosen the winch, it should almost lift itself up.

If not, refer to Bama Steve's idea.

Mine actually busted in two opn the way to the lake once. What i did was i jammed a roller up rag in there to cusion it and held it in there with duct tape. It worked pretty good for hthe rest of the trip. I stopped by a marine on the way to the ramp and picked up a new one and replaced it after the boat was in the water.

BTW mine if i loosen the strap doesnt budge off the roller. Its the exact opposite of what Steve R mentioned. It just sits there.

you might have to lift it up by hand, but its not that heavy usually

mike c

Suggest you use a floor or bottle jack to raise the bow up from the roller. You only need a few inches.

1 ) buy new roller

2) Put a towel or something around old roller to protect boat

3) Drive to nearest lake with ramp

4) Spend a few hours fishing

5) Come back to shore and tie boat to dock

6) Put new roller on trailer in the parking lot ( add tools BEFORE step 3 )

7) Load boat up and go home

Back