Help with Triton...Quickly Please!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Just talked to the guy who is selling the boat and he just informed me that the boat is 2002 but the motor is a 2001. Both were new in 2003. Motor is still warrantied until 2008. Should a one year older motor make a difference? In price? In my decision? Should that make any difference? I don't know enough to know any better.

If any body knows pricing, its 2002 Triton SF190, 2001 150hp Yamaha VMax, 2002 EzLoad trailer. We agreed on 20K. Boat US sent me a quote of 22100 without the trailer. I believe Nada was lower than that. Lots of options with the boat.

My Nitro is a 2003. I felt a 2002 bought in 2003 with little use was about the same age and better quality. Now I don't know what to think.

Short answer....yes.

Long answer, is the price you are paying good enough to overcome it?....I dunno, but somebody will.

TOXIC

Don't do that to yourself, Teri.

Don't get all caught up in the little sh##.

It's really not all that big a deal.

If it were me, I simply wouldn't worry about it! It's a Great Boat! It's a Great Motor! They make a Great Combination! It's Everything that you want! Buy and Enjoy!

me!

Teri: $$ wise The year built vs sold will not be a big deal since you are talking 1 year. Warranty will be the selling point if you resale in a year or two? If you look at it more like a car, model year vs production date may vary up to a year.. Mac could help out more on that point.

Best wishes

BF

Here is a for instance and I hope it helps!!!

In "01" I bought a "00" NX 882 with 150 optimax, it was a showroom model so it was brand new. I purchased the extended warranty to 2007. I sold the boat in Sept. 04 it only really had two years on it. Thanks Greg G. since he bought it as a back up boat.

I ordered a "05" Ranger 519 with a 200 Yammy HPDI in August of "04" deliverd in October of "04" it has a manufactured date of "04" but the year model is "05".

Why??? it was the new model Ranger and Yamaha that was coming out in "05", so you will find that you are getting what you pay for. You are fine, just make sure registration and warranty know that.

Mark in Calif.

Teri... without the extended warranty and without "goodies"... NADA list low retail of 17 and average retail of $20,660... So, the answer on the $$$ is you are "in the ball park"... If the boat is in excellent condition you are probably getting a fairly good deal, especially with "goodies"... Those "goodies" as you know add up...

BTW, nice boat... what color...

Teri I agree don't beat yourself up. When the owner bought it they probably gave him a really good deal on a leftover motor. Not an uncommon thing to do. Its a really nice boat. Like Is aid my cosuin has one and I ahve been in it several times. As a matter of fact its in my back yard now for the winter. Boat has a great ride, and plenty of storage.

After you agreed to buy the boat something that that could impact the value of the boat has been disclosed could play into your favor dollar $$ wise.

I would suggest going back to the selling party and give the deal a kick the tire routine and gently imply that you are not happy about this failure to disclose something of such great importance and tell him that this deal could be in jeopardy if a new price can't be agreed upon.

I would be looking for some $$ off the deal, I would start at dropping $1,400 off the asking price and be happy with $700. However, the deal you have is not bad now but it can't hurt to ask all they can say is "no".

I haven't steered you wrong yet. :)

Cass

Cass, I beat you to it. The difference between the 2 motors was about $600 so I told him I would split it will him and he was cool with that. He actually suggested that last night. I think $1400 would be a bit steep to ask for based on all the stuff that comes with the boat.

So, I pick it up next Saturday. Yippie!

Back