Help with a 2004 Targa

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Boehm2

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 Targa with a 90 hp mercury motor. My question is when I have the motor up out of the water what is the minimun dept of water I will be able to go in? I do alot of bass fishing in canada and some of the bay's are pretty shallow.Thanks for any help you can give me.

Luke

While I don't have a specific number/depth for you, I had this exact setup/boat for about 2 years. I was able to navigate pretty shallow areas, with little to no problem. That model Targa 'sits up' in the water pretty well, even when 'fishing' and not moving/on plane.

Common comment from others in my club - 'how are you fishing in there???'. Aren't you bottomed out?

I think you will find it will pretty well serve your purposes.

Tex

You will LOVE the boat! I have the same model with 115 on it. I can get pretty shallow. Our boat lift sits in a couple of feet of water and I could go in further if I had to. Enjoy!

Thanks Firebird. Have you ever had your boat in 1ft of water with the motor up? Where I fish in Canada there is a section I need to go threw that is pretty shallow.

You should make it fine, depending on load of course. I had a '98 Targa 18 w/150EFI and I regularly hit 12"-14" of water without a rub freeing lines while guiding. (Motor trimmed up, my 300lbs. plus passenger(s) and gear.) My BIL has towed it up to Lac Seul on our annual Canada excursion a few times since he's had it and driven it through some narrows and rapids that I wouldn't take a kayak. :eek: The Targas draft well than their high freeboard would suggest. Good luck! ;)

Back