Help needed

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I have never asked a question here someone couldn't help with. Today my Wife got overspray on her Trailblazer. It is on the plastic, body, and windows. I tried wax, no luck. It is real hard to even scrape off with a fingernail. Any help appreciated .

Bubby:)

Bubby,

Go to autozone or advance auto or whatever is close to you and go get a clay bar kit(Mothers is the best if you can get one). The clay bar should yank the overspray right off and wont hurt the paint. Make sure you use lots of the lubricant spray in the kit so the clay bar doesnt stick. you will also need to wax the area you use the clay on.

The clay will removr all sorts of gunk from the vehicle paint that nothing else will take off. . I do my whole truck at least once a year followed by a full wax job.

I am not sure where the overspray came from. Lots of construction going on here.

Jim thank you. Will it also work on plastic, glass???

Bubby:)

From Finishmasters: depends on what kind of paint was oversprayed. you may want to try enamel reducer or laquer thinner in an inconspicous spot. of not, you woill need go to the rub out method. if its original paint and clear coat, enamal reducer should.

The clay bar kit will get it off. It may take a few times doing it to get it all off, but it will. Just follow the directions with the kit, keep the surface wet, keep the clay "rotated", and make sure you don't drop the clay on the ground.

I got overspray on my truck when I worked construction. The company paid everyone to get the overspray off. I took the money and bought the claybar kit, got it off myself, and pocketed the rest of the money.

Claybar no question. My Tundra's trailer had some overspray on the fenders. I use soapy water for to lubricate. Kneed the clay frequently.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back