Help Needed

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I have a question. I am hooking up a 24 volt trolling motor on my Nitro. To charge the batteries, do I have to dis- connect the jumper wire to charge them?? I wil be charging with a Sears 10/2 amp automatic charger. I will latter add an onboard charger . Thanks Bubby

I hope you don't have to disconnect the jumer wire(s), i never have. Than again i been charging batts this way for a long time.

I have never dis-connected either.. I charge with a Sear's charger myself. Have had for 6 years or so.It's a 20/15/10/2. I Charge on the 10 setting. Just cant see myself getting a Onboard charger.

Max <><

I believe Sue D said you can but it will just take twice as long to charge.Its best to have a bank for each battery.

But don't quote me on this info.

Steve

If you are charging one at a time, you're fine, just let em get charged and switch off, you have no worries.

Thanks everyone. Might sound like a stupid question, but if you do not know, and you have all the know it all the neighbors putting their 2 cents in it gets you wondering. Bubby

You can charge each battery individually without disconnecting the jumper that connects the "neg" post of one battery to the "pos" post of the other.

You didn't mention whether or not your batteries are regular flooded cells or gel cells. That can make a difference. If they are regular flooded cells, then your charger will be fine. It's not as good as the newer multi-stage chargers, but it will get the job done.

Back