Help from Pickwick Anglers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
Or future Pickwick Anglers...This is of some concern for this lake....LA

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been told by very credible sources that there is a movement afoot to spray the newly viable grass beds that have come to life on Pickwick Lake in the last couple of years. This is being driven primarily by a group of skiers and jet skiers who say they can no longer ski behind State Line Island. There are miles and miles of creeks and open river available to them, and to kill prime aquatic habitat and to interject chemicals into what is become a rich fishery again is nothing short of criminal.

I am asking for your urgent assistance. Please call Richard Pflueger, at TVA Land Management at 256-386-2006. A hearing meeting is planned for Nov. 17th. Please help kill this plan before it gets started.

Thanks, Mike Whitten/Memphis

I have watched these grass beds develop over the last four years and have caught numerous fish out of them. I will admit that they have gotten pretty thick in this one area, but only in water from 3-7 foot deep. Normally people ski in water deeper than that. It does affect their ability to beach their boats, but only in that area. It would be a shame to lose this growing fish habitat because a few skiers want to be right there instead of any of the other numerous gravel bars on the lake. We're talking about a two mile section on one side of a 40 mile long lake. If you're from the area make sure the fishermen are represented in this fight.

Back