Help finding a ladder, nitro 750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Wickerham

Reaction score
Good morning. I am new to the site but so far I have seen a lot of real useful information being exchanged so hopefully someone can give me some ideas on the best way to install a ladder on my nitro 750. Actually I am wondering if anyone has installed one themselves and how hard it is. The closest boat shop said they can't do it for two or three weeks, and I would like to have one by Memorial Day weekend. Also, is there one specificially made for my boat and where is the best place to get one?

Welcome to the site. There has been a few discussions a while back about installing ladders. Do a "search" for "all posts" and "archives".....there should be some info there for ya.

Bob G.

I would start with your Nitro dealer to see if they have the part. They do show them as an option. To get it installed, I would just call around. Maybe a fiberglass repair shop might not be too busy to install it real quick.

Harpo

I'm sure that TrepMan can help, but he just left the country and may not respond for a few days. He just about qualifies as a 'ladder expert' - regarding boats.

Tex

Joe - I've got a 700lx, just a few inches shorter then yours. I actualy went this time (had one mounted on my old Tracker) with a portable one, that fits perfectly in my bildge, and I pull it out anytime the boys and I want to anchor and swim. I don't remember who, but one of the other 700lx owners put home permenantly on his boat, I believe this is the one he went with (which incidentaly is the same as I had on my Tracker for 6 years and love it!) I just haven't gotten around to having one like it installed on my Nitro, I get a bit quezy thinking of drilling holes in my glass transom and ensuring its sealed, and won't crack the gelcoat under pressure. I know, I know, from my former Tin brothers.... I never worried about that on my Tracker!!! LOL

I had this one, the 2 step, and like I mentioned one of the other 700lx owners mounted one just like it:

Designed to mount on boats with 0
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...001_803_200003003_200000000_200003000_200-3-3

Thanks everyone for the input. TrepMan, I actually saw the ladder you are talking about and I wondered if it would work. That is probably what I will try, but I don't know if I want to do it myself yet. I will check around and see if someone can do it for me before Memorial Day weekend, my girlfriend said I have to have one.

Back