Heading to Michigan - Part 2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, I survived my first trip up to MI last week - it was long, but informative. Things that I had forgot, or soon remembered.

Gas - Holly Cow Batman. It was EXPENSIVE. Cost me $3.49 for the cheap stuff to fill up the rent car before returning it to the airiport.

Michigan Left - forgot all about not being able to turn left onto quite a number of roads up there in Troy/Auburn Hills area. Come out of an industrial/office park to a divided 4-6 lane road with a light. Cannot simply cross the median and turn left. Have to turn right, go up a bit, then turn left; stop sign; then turn left again. May have many cars being built up there, but not the foggiest on how to lay out the streets.

DTW Airport - Up, then across, then down, then across, then up, then down, then . . . . Man the main terminal at DTW takes forever to get around in. Flew in on Continental in Terminal B. Who lay's out your airports up there? Oh wait, probably the same guy that lays out the streets! First major airport that I've been in, where once you get your bags, you have to change levels twice - to get to the rental car shuttles.

Looks like most of the time when I'm up there (which will be often), I'll likely be in offices in Troy. Sometimes up to Auburn Hills.

Home this week, but probably back up there next week again. Okay Mac/Mini/Ken/others - when does the fishing shut down up there? I sure would like to try some of that famous MI Smallmouth action, before everything freezes over.

Tex

It will be going strong for quite a while.....call me this week at my store and let me know when you'll be in town.

248-666-7799

Careful in Troy.....I hear the cops there are kooks...!!!:wacko:

"Hear they're Kooks?!".......They flat out CRAZY!! BUT,..those freaks can fish though!!....and they LOVE Lynyrd Skynyrd ring tones on their cell phones!! Hey Tex,..if you ever get pulled over in Troy,..DON'T tell them you know "Smitty"...it's a gauranteed ticket AND they'll confiscate ALL of your tackle!! Even the State Cops leave their tackle boxes at home when they get "Troy Duty":p:rolleyes:

Tex,...next time you're in the area, we should atleast hookup for dinner....I drive thru Troy everyday to and from work...(but it's at 5:00am and 4:00pm...so take your pick!!..LOL) I'm sure you, me, Neeley, Marke, Mini and Smitty could put the hurt on some Wings at the local Hooters!!;) Let's giter-done!!:cool:

Thats probably some good advice there Mac...in fact when I was leaving work this morning I ran into our Chief...He accused me of "not being right." The comment stemmed from a very lonely man I caught with a marital aid in his butt and the very creative report I wrote following the incident. I got radio and newspaper coverage outta that find.

By the way Mac...I've changed my ringtone, it's now Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue." I'll leave it on your boat and let you listen to it sometime.

I wouldn't mind killin some wings...The Troy Hooters is serving booze now too...what a deal that was, you woulda thought that a white supremist peep show was opening up on the corner....only in Troy...!!:eek:

LOL.....I remember reading all the articles in the paper over that Hooter's gig...man what a fiasco....I think some of those "leaders" in Troy oughta go to a BEACH sometime if they think that the shorts and t-shirts the waitresses wear are "inappropriate"...HOLY @#~$~....get a LIFE people!!! That entire city council should've been arrested on grounds of sheer stupidity and wasting the tax payer's money!!:angry::wacko:

Will do. Love to get together with you folks. Waiting on contract approval, but will probably be back up there next week. Once travel plans are set, we'll see about getting together one evening.

Thanks.

Tex

Back