Have you been to boattraderonline.com recently?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
I was killing a few minutes and still dreaming a bit about what I'm gonna do for a boat.....

So I went to boattraderonline.com and did a search for Nitros between 17' and 20'.....

It look s like every "New" Nitro at any/every dealer that is 2004 or older is listed. And all with the same "advertising verbage"..... Tracker Marine must be trying to unload a LOT of dealer inventory.....

me!

Geez..... I just went back and modified my search....

Manufacturer: Nitro

Key Word: 898

I came up with 23 listings that all say:

"2004 NITRO NX 898 SC SALT WATER OR FRESH WATER, THE NITRO. NX 898 SC IS THE PERFECT ALL-PURPOSE BOAT. LONG KNOWN FOR ITS GREAT ROUGH-WATER RIDE AND BATTLE-TESTED TOURNAMENT FISHABILITY, ITS VERSATILITY COMES FROM HYBRID INNOVATIONS LIKE NON-SKID FIBERGLASS LINERS, WHICH MAKES CLEAN UP A SNAP AFTER A LONG DAY ON COASTAL WATERS. IT'S ALSO LOADED WITH FISHING FEATURES THAT MAKE IT ONE OF THE BEST VALUES IN ITS CLASS,"

Staci - It's been that way ever since i've looked at that site 2 years ago. a LOT of dealers have every tracker/nitro boat and the exact wordage/pictures from the Tracker brochure/website. I just see it as another marketing arm of a dealer, and if their willing to pay the site to post the add, more revenue for boattraderonline!

What I wish is you can select a search by New or New and used, you can NOT just search for USED boats, which is what I'd like, then you could AVOID all the new adds!!!

Trep

If you want to look at used boats, the easiest thing to do is simply put 2001 or 2002 as the latest year for the search. That drops out most of the Tracker dealer ads.

I've seen dealer ads in there before but I don't recall ever seeing such an overwhelming number..... Maybe I was just searching under different parameters.....

Although I don't know what I might have done differently.....

Rich - I do that, search like 1998 - 2001 to get a good idea.

Trep

Staci - Found you're boat!!!

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/8/75001928.htm

and it's a NITRO too!!!

Yeah, I saw that one, Michael..... But it only has a 75 on it.....

If I end up with one of the 17' Nitro's, I want a 115. If I go up a step from the Nitro 170 to the Nitro180, I'm going to want a 150. I had a Nitro 180 with the 115 Merc and I was always disappointed that I hadn't bought the 150.

There are several Nitro 884's that look interesting, including one at Sportsman's Outfiters in Lee's Summit, MO - just 3 or 4 hours away from me.....

And, I don't know why, but I keep going back to look at this one.....
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/9/75306369.htm

but Staci' it's ONLY $5000 and you could probably get them down lower!!! The 115 on a 17fter will probably run you $6k+!!

That 884 needs a MOTOR!!!! Or are you gonna paddle it down the river!!! LOL

Michael -

You can't begin to imagine how frustrating I used to find it..... I'd be running up to speed in my Nitro 180 with the 115 and just as the hull was beginning to feel right the motor ran out of oomph. I swore NEVER again.

If you're just using the boat to get around..... Just "back and forth from the grocery store" so to speak..... You'd never miss the performance..... Unfortunately, to me, playing games (safely) with the boat is half the fun of owning one.....

Argh! Argh!! Argh!!! (ROFL!!)

me!

On the other.....

I just keep wondering just how little they might sell it for..... And what I might be able to pick up a motor for.....

Probably wouldn't ever do it - even though I might have when I was more into busting my hands with wrenches - but it's kinda fun to dream about.....

Hey! Pat Goff! How do you like the idea of an 884 with a small block 200??!!!??

STACI,

Try these two websites. The first one has a lot of used bass boats.

The second one has the Nitro I was thinking of getting last week and they also have a Johnson 150HP for $3.8k.

http://www.anglerschoicemarine.com/

http://www.ctboatworks.com/ctboatworks_ranger.html

Chris

That 884 looks pretty decent in the photos, Chris..... The asking price needs to come down..... Why did you decide not to get it or are you still considering?

I'm still considering but would did not want to keep it to myself if it could help you out. You think it's overpriced? Probably because it's in CT. I doubt I am going to do anything right now, still thinkin about it. Did you see anything @ anglers choice?

Angler's choice had a couple of nice looking boats..... They've got an 884..... A Pantera..... And a very interesting Cobra.....

Is their layout as nice as it looks in their Home Page photo? The used boats on their site all appear to be in very good condition. Too bad they're so far away.....

As much as I'd like a boat NOW..... I'd still be making payments for 4 or 5 months this winter when I wouldn't be able to use it..... If I find something that I really like at a really fair price - then I would likely do something.....

In the meantime, half the fun of buying is looking!

Me, that place in VA is FAARRRRRRRRRR away for me too. Might as well be in MO:) Maybe Toxic has been there. In any event I will keep my eyes open for you. If I see somthing good I will inform you.

Not too far from me. If you found something you like, I'd go look at it and mabe meet you 1/2 way if you bought it.

TOXIC

Toxic,

They always sending me email flyers for tourneys they have. Did you ever go to one? They sound pretty good.

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

Right now, I'm thinking of something in the Nitro 700/750 class with a 115 or Nitro 180/800/884 with a 150/175. The 115 does have some very definate advantages from the standpoint of economy of operation...... But I sure would like the extra room and POWER!!

I have no idea in the world where I'll end up..... I tend to think about stuff like this for quite a while before acting..... At least I'm not as bad as Trepper! :)

Me, One more place to keep in mind or just for window shopping, before settling on the new PT 185 I was looking at some boats from this place.

http://www.nortonmarine.com/preowned.asp

Actually I just like a good hunt. Kinda like fishin (for a boat). What about that Triton. it's just $26k. maybe two of them!

LOL! Don't I wish I could afford that much! Maybe I should include another parameter..... As far under $10,000 as I can get and still have a good fiberglass boat with a hull design that'll give me a quick, smooth ride.

I kinda wish I had been thinking about a new boat back when BJ had his for sale.....

I don't know if you were here when Jim Lively was or have ever seen him over on BFHP..... He used to have an old 1991 Nitro 185TF with 175 Intruder that was gorgeous! I woulda snapped it up in a moment!

I know someone with a 1988 Tracker Marine Bass Boat. Kevlar redone painted all white with silver stickers on the side. Grey rug and seats. 150 HP Black Max Merc with a tunes SS prop. Very fast boat. 17'-18'. With Trialer. I think it's under $5k. Minkota 60 sumpin pound thrust.

Do you want me to find out if it's for sale?

I always did like Darrel..... Dang. Why can't he be on the broadcast team for all the races.

Somebody's gonna get one heck of a deal when I get off my rear and get serious about getting into a new ride. This no boat payment is n-i-c-e though.

TOXIC

Tox - I KNOW the feeling!! OK so it's NOT a 929, but knowing every day I walk by my Tracker or take it to the lake that it's MINE ALL MINE and NO BANK INVOLVED, is HAPPY day!!!

Trep

Back