Harrisburg PA show this coming week?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Anyone going to , or working a booth at the upcoming Harrisburg Show? I hear its a good sized show!

I've never attended this one before, but will give it a try on Monday when its less crowded than on the weekends. I've heard its good and hope its worth my 2:45hrs ride there.

Mike, I don't want to discourage you but there is no "less crowded" time at this show. It is wall to wall people any day of the week. Be prepared to pay a minimum of $5.00 to park some areas it is $10.00. This will get you within a 1/4 to 1/2 mile walk to the doors. I believe it is $10.00 to get in the door for adults. Again, I do not want to scare you off, just trying to prepare you since you said you have never been to this show. Best bet is to park on Bass Pro Shops lot for free and ride the shuttle bus right to the door. I hope you have a good time. Sorry if this dampened your enthusiasm to go. Just wanted to warn you.

Holy Schnikies!

Our local Boat Show last weekend was the pits!:(

Beck...Appreciate the parking tip!! We are going to get there as they open at 10am.

Hmmm...sport show and a BPS trip in one........better leave the credit card at home!

Mike do yourself a favor and wait until around noon and there won't be a line to get in. Everybody tries to get in and beat the crowd. By waiting a little while you give them time to filter in the doors.

BF

I went for free last year, and tha will be the last time I go, Not into hunting which is what has turned into now, the fishing part stank, less bassboats every year

I am going next Friday. The show really has gown down hill for the last few yeras. THere are fewer and fewer vendors . Now some people will say that it is just because they added the new building and it just seems that way. However, I have gone to the show for probably the last ten years and a lot of vendors that I used to like to see aren't there any more.

In any event, it is a trip out of the house for a day. A few other tips. Park at the upper lots and take the shuttle bus. If you want food, either eat a big breakfast before or leave the Farm Show building on the McClay Street side and go to the Burger King or Popeyes Chicken outside. The food inside sucks and is very expensive. I agree with NOT gettig there at the opening bell. Wait about an hour and it will be a lot easier to get in. It beats standing in line in the cold.

Thanks all for the info guys.

Beck mentioned a shuttle from BPS. I checked with BPS

and they say a bus leaves every 15 minuts and BPS also sells discount tickets for the show ($9 at BPS, $11 at the show).

Back