Harris Chain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Partridge

Reaction score
Any advice on fishing the Harris Chain the last week of April? Never fished Florida before. Headed down for a reunion then visiting my mother-in-law! Bringing the boat with me!

Any advice on fishing the Harris Chain the last week of April? Never fished Florida before. Headed down for a reunion then visiting my mother-in-law! Bringing the boat with me!
I am waiting on you Jimmy, I fish the Harris Cain almost exclusively, did you give up on me?? Al Plastics are tops on the list, swim jigs black and blue with a trailer, rattle trap can be effective, 110 Cutter jerkbaits, spinnerbaits white and chartreuse/white, sometimes black also. These should be in your boat. Al D.

I am waiting on you Jimmy, I fish the Harris Cain almost exclusively, did you give up on me?? Al Plastics are tops on the list, swim jigs black and blue with a trailer, rattle trap can be effective, 110 Cutter jerkbaits, spinnerbaits white and chartreuse/white, sometimes black also. These should be in your boat. Al D.
Hey Al, I didn’t give up! Leaving for Florida on Thursday, Punta Gorda first stop for the Wash DC Retired Firemen’s Reunion then onto The Villages on Sunday! Ready to fish on Monday!

Hey Al, I didn’t give up! Leaving for Florida on Thursday, Punta Gorda first stop for the Wash DC Retired Firemen’s Reunion then onto The Villages on Sunday! Ready to fish on Monday!
That's great Jimmy, I am trying to figure out a meeting place which will be easy for you to find. Whoever you are visiting in the Villages should know their way around. Tell them you need to get to the huge parking lot for the softball field at the bottom of Morse just before SR44. It's easy in and easy out. We can meet there about 5:45. We will drive about 1/2 hr. to the Buzzard Beach ramps at the Tavares line. Good parking, restroom facility, 2 ramps. Al

Spring Hill
Hi Jerry, it looks like you are about and hour away from me in the Villages, I am right near SR44 Wildwood. From there, I take about a 1/2 hr drive thru Leesburg to the Buzzard Beach ramp at the Tavares line. I have Jimmy Partridge coming down from Maryland on the 25th/26th, we're going out on Monday the 26th. how's about you and I getting together when Jimmy heads north and I will show you around the Harris Chain. After that maybe we could hook up and do Toho or Lake Kissimmee? What do you think?? Al

That's great Jimmy, I am trying to figure out a meeting place which will be easy for you to find. Whoever you are visiting in the Villages should know their way around. Tell them you need to get to the huge parking lot for the softball field at the bottom of Morse just before SR44. It's easy in and easy out. We can meet there about 5:45. We will drive about 1/2 hr. to the Buzzard Beach ramps at the Tavares line. Good parking, restroom facility, 2 ramps. Al
Sounds perfect! I know where you are talking about. I think I can navigate there with no problem. I’ll email you my phone number and the address I’m staying at.

Latest posts

Back