Harpo or anyone else with a 591. Can i ask a quick favor?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Im wondering if you can measure the front storage box for me?

The reason i ask is im thinking about replacing my 2000 882 this year and im leaning twords a 591 since i need to keep it under 19' due to where i store it. The road is narrow and i cant get anything bigger in or out of the yard. I just was wondering how big the front compartment is, from what i can see in the pictures it looks like its a good bit smaller then the one in my 882 and im curious to how big it really. My dealer doesnt have any in stock right now so i can really just go look at one.

Other then that any opinions on the boat, likes, dislikes, speed etc? Anything you can tell me will be great.

Thanks

Jim

Jim, if you're talking about the front box that's in between the two rod lockers it is....28" x 21" x 14 1/2" deep. The two rod lockers (actually I only keep rods in one of them) are enormous as well as the boxes behind the seats. Of course moving up from a PT-185 anything seems big to me. :rolleyes:

I like the boat a lot. I have a 150 Optimax on it. A really great motor. Starts with just a twist of the key every time and just sips gas and oil. Before I loaded it with every lure and soft bait in the store I had it over 60 mph. Now, top speed is closer to 57...58. I'm sure I could tweak on it and get a couple more mph but I'm happier around 50 to 55.

The '08 591's will be designated Z-7's as I'm sure you are aware. From the pictures I've seen the only difference is the shell design on the consoles are gone and the gauge arrangement is a little different. I also understand that as production gets ramped up they will have Z-7 graphics on the stern ala Z-9.

Good luck. Let's know what you do.

Harpo

Hey Jim,

Just wondering what did you do? Are you still looking for a 591 or Z-7?

Latest posts

Back