Guided fishing trip on Priest

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I hired a guide to learn my home lake better. We are going this Sunday at 6:00am. Talk about needing coffee! I don't get to work that early. The guy can't be all bad.....he guides from a Triton. :D Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post. Lots of leg for Ken.

If he's good, you shouldn't have to ask to many questions. I can tell if Priest is clear and conditions are bright and tough...don't be afraid to break out your 6 lb. test and finesse fish. Not only will you catch smallies, there's also a good population of Spots and nice ones at that:lol:

Have fun and catch a bunch of fish! A friend of mine is fishing a BFL tourney tomorrow out of Paris Landing, and we're hoping he does well. He drives a Triton as well.

Make up you mind upfront what you want to do. Do you want to catch fish, learn the lake and its spots or a combo of the 2? If he is a decent guide you need to pick his brain about lure selection and seasonal movements....all the time while fishing. Might want to bring a GPS (ask the guide if he minds) and mark some spots.

TOXIC

Hey Teri, I would "guide" you on Priest for no charge!:lol::lol::D;)

Let us know how it goes!

Tom

Tom, I am usually available during the week except Tuesday. You pick the evening and I will be there.

Teri,...wear those Daisey Duke's and I can gaurantee you will get another 2-3 hours out of the guide and he won't even notice the time!!! Use your ASSets to your advantage girl!!:p

Have fun!!! We want reports and pix's!!

MacDaddy:wub:

For leg pictures of Teri wearing Daisey Dukes...heck we may pay for the guide.

Da Bear

Had a good trip,not sure it was worth $275 but we learned a good deal about the lake and maybe made a good contact. We caught several fish and have about 6 places to go now that will probably hold fish. He was a nice guy but not exactly sure what guides are suppose to do on their trips. Seemed at times he was more concerned about his fishing but maybe thats normal. I took a friend with me (some of you met her at the rally) and she will not take off her own fish. I had to tell him to help her because he was doing his own thing. I didn't feel like I should have to do it because I was paying to fish. I do think he liked us and had a good time because he wanted to stay out and fish with us but didn't charge us for a full day although I tipped him for the extra time.

Ok give us a break on appearance because 5:00am came very early. No time for hair and makeup. Nothing cures bed head like a hat.

teristriper.jpg

thebigcatch.jpg

I wouldnt have tipped him too much if you had to tell him to help her.....

Guides should be treated kinda like waitstaff....(sorry Toxic). They get great tips for great service. Bad tips for bad service.

Mini

Ken, this ones for you!!!

(Imagine the looks I got as people walked by my cube at work this morning)

leg.jpg

I fully agrtee mini.....It is part of my job. I only fish to make sure they are there and find out what they are hitting on. I take off fish, rig rods, get snags free, and serve drinks!!:D I will put my rod down after I find the fish and I always ask the clients if they want me to fish. I'm not their fishing partner, I am the guide and that carries more responsibility to the clients than it does fishing. Maybe that's why I always get great tips...:lol:

TOXIC

That and your glowing personality....lol

Good thing you always stand down wind of your clients :)

Mini

Back