Guest charger ?

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Sue or others, I have a question for a friend of mine. He has a 21' bay boat, and the charger is in the back of boat. His trolling motor battery is in the front. One battery is used in the back for lights, (he bowfishes) near the charger. Can he extend the wires on the charger to reach battery in front, without harm? If so, what size wire? He asked me about this today, I told him I didn't know. I then told him I knew where to go to find out , and here I am. He cannot move batteries, no room.

Bubby :)

It all depends on the model charger. As long as you have 2 separate chargers (2608A, 2620A, 2631A etc) in one housing you can. I never recommended extending only one lead on a charger that divided it's ooutput ( 2610A, 2611, 2613A etc) as the voltage drop over the length of the wire could cause problems with the charger.

Thanks, cq and sue for the responces. Sue, it is a 2611A... I guess that means no, correct??

Thanks,

Bubby:)

I wouldn't recomment it with the 2611A. He could upgrade the charger to a 2620A or use both outputs to one battery and get a second chargerlike a 2608A (mountable) or 2606A (portable)

Sue

I can't believe you got Sue D to post. :lol::lol: Email me lady and let me know what's up. We've got a lot of catching up to do. :p:wub:

TOXIC

Back