Guest charger mounting question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilbert cales

Reaction score
Can the guest chargers be mounted flat? In my storage area, I only have room to mount it flat, I cannot reach the transom, with the batteries, fuel tank , etc.. However I do have room on top of the flotation box, to mount it flat,is this o.k..

Thanks, Bubby

The charger don't care if it's upside down, backwards, or any other position. No moving parts in it. All solid-state construction.

They will also charge under water......so I've found out.:D

Steve

Hey Bubby,

I am getting a used guest charger and was thinking of asking the same question.:) When I get it in my hands I'll try to figure out the perfect place....I asked the guy if he still had instructions or anything and he said no. Well, Sue D. to the rescue! She sent me all of the paperwork for the unit I'm buying. She's really something else and is the reason Guest is all I would ever buy.

Bill

Hey Bill, I just read on the guest site, they DO NOT recomend mounting flat. If you do, you MUST space the unit for proper cooling, and it may not be as efficent.

Bubby

They just need air clearance so they don't overheat. Of course, mine never has overheated, but I leave my lids open when charging just in case. Sue will know for sure. I doubt you would want it mounted upside down as the heat would rise right back into the heat difuser fins and maybe cause the unit to get too hot especially in the hot months of summer.

As for mounting it flat. Dunno, I thought it was better to mount it vertically, but maybe you can mount it flat. Sue will know for sure. Maybe it's just for shock absorbtion.

I have my guest 2611 mounted flat (Tracker installed it in Atlanta) where the 3rd battery would go in my bildge area. 5.5 years and still running strong! Had Sue check it out "virtualy" and no problems.

As others have said, as long as there is a little space on all sides and fresh air or open lids you'll be fine.

It's always best to mount the charger on a wall so that it can more effectivly cool itself while charging. In boats where that is not possible, mount the charger on the floor, but raise it up at least an inch using some type of spacer.

Have a great day! :D

Sue D.

Back