Guest & all on board battery charger question

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
I have always just plugged in my battery charger and hooked it to one battery and then switched it over to the other battery. When the little green light went off I disconnected it and put it away until next time.

My question(s). Are on board chargers worth it? Is the ease worth the cost? Are they hard to install on a PT-17? I have a chance to get a Guest battery charger model 2620 2 bank 20 amp output 10 each bank for $125.00 with one year warranty left on it. Is this a good price do you think?

After reading Sue D's. responses to posts on this site a Guest is the only charger I would consider.

Thanks for any input.

Bill

They are well worth it. Especially if you fish 2 or more days in a row and need quick charges at night. An on board charger can charge all your batteries at once and is maintenance free.

Sounds like a good deal to me, you can't beat an onboard charger for ease of use and being able to keep both your starting and deep cycle batteries charged.

BF

Bill,

YES...they are worth every penny!

I have a 3 bank onboard charger in my boat plugged in 365 days per year and a single bank onboard charger mounted in the cab for my garden tractor during the 5 months of winter that I use for snowblowing.

Bob G.

Bill I have a Guest 3 bank in my PT 17. I have 3 batteries and it fits a little snug, but it's worth every penny I paid for it. Go ahead and get it that sounds like a good deal.

Donnie

sounds like a good deal on board chargers are great I have a three bank charger and love iy

:)JD

Well, with all those negative comments I'm not going to get it.:) Thanks for all the replies. Now I hope it's not already sold.

Bill

Back