Guest 2620

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
I've never had an on-board charger so when I saw one for sale on another board at a great price I had to buy it. It's a Guest (what else) 2620 20 amp, 10/10 and geeezzzz is this thing heavy.. I thought it was going to be this little rectangular box weighing next to nothing but boy was I wrong.:) Anyway, Sue D. saw my correspondence with the seller when I asked him for the paperwork that goes with the charger. When he said he didn;t have any, Sue came to the rescue and e-mailed everything I needed to me. Thanks again Sue. Now all I have to do is figure out where to install it and do it. And do I want to open a hatch and plug it in or install the receptacle Sue sent me last year.

As I haven't used the boat at all this year and my physical problems still plagueing me, I figure installing this charger will make my batteries last until about the year 2010.:huh:

Bill

Guest2620_2.jpg

If you have the receptical,and an easy place to install it...Do it..it is so much easier than digging around in the bilge for the plug...

Here's where I put mine..I think it took a whole ten minutes to install.

BTW ..thanks again Sue,see ya at the Classic.

Steve

plugjpeg.jpg

Bill, I just purchased the 2623 3 bank. You are right they are heavy. I had to move some stuff around in my storage compartment to instal mine. I ran a 110 line on the patio near the rear of my boat. I just plug in the charger direct to it. I really like it, and mine is only 5 days old. Beats the heck out off getting up in the middle of the night to switch the charger to the other battery. The biggest problem I had was trying to find the serial #, for the warranty card. I had it installed, and was worried it was on the bottom. Thanks to Sue, I was told there is no serial # leave it blank and send it in. I will say, that I would not have bought a guest if it weren't for her. I have never met her, but I wish she worked for me. Today, it is hard to get someone to help you when you are looking them in the face, she goes beyond the call of duty. I believe you will like it once it is installed, be careful and ask for help, don't hurt that back any worse.

Bubby

Thanks Steve & Bubby,

I'll be real carefull Bubby. I can't hurt my back any worse than it is right now.

Steve, I have a 1996 PT-17 so I can probably put mine in the same place you put yours. I really appreciate your posting that picture. That's what makes this such a great site isn't it?

Bill

Back