Greetings From Puerto Rico

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine you're in the Golden Mile doing business, but if you get the chance have someone take you downtown (old town) to La Mariposa for some killer chow. The paiea is to die for!! (With the obligatory side of mofongo.) :wub: If you get a day to play, a day trip out to La Isla de Moneta is worth it, especially if you packed a travel rod. You're in a wonderful place for what we like to do!! (Eat & Fish..... not necessarily in that order! :lol: ) Enjoy it Hammer!!!! :D

Buenas tardes Sr. Tox, Try the amarillo's (yellow plantains), they are killer.

No gear to fish, might charter if I get some free time (yeah, right...). Went to Old Town last night and had Tapas and a couple of pitchers of a Sangria drink that is wine, rum and fruit juices. My head hurts today:blink:!! Latin Music awards were here last week and J-Lo stayed in my hotel (had an entire floor). They partied right outside my room (oceanfront bar there) until 3am and then decided to shoot off about an hours worth of fireworks:wacko: I have had my share of Plantains and they are yummy. Going to try and get to the Bacardi factory this afternoon since there is supposedly a bottle that you can only get at the factory and I want to take it back with me. Hopefully I will be out of here sometime this week. Glad I came, even more glad to get back to the mainland.

TOXIC

Was there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved the place. Would go again in a heartbeat. Want to get away from the booze and partiers, and maybe get some excercise? Rent a car and drive out to the El Yunque rain forrest, walk the trail. It's like stepping onto another planet.

Tox, whatever you do, have fun, try to relax.

I'll second Rich's recomendation! The waterfalls, the singing of the Coqui frogs, and the well kept trails and natural beauty of the jungle make it a wonderful and extremely inexpensive excursion. You may be able to go all the way up to Arecibo and take a tour of the world's largest radiotelescope and SETI research station. Just tell 'em you got their message and came to respond in person! :lol::lol::lol:;)

PR was my hub (General Gases & INDIV) for distributing my products throughout the Caribean and Central and S. America. I spent the bulk of the '90's in and out of PR 7-8 times a year. What a wonderful island!! (Minus the Roosevelt Roads area of Ceiba. Like many areas outside a military base, stay clear or stay armed!! ;) ) I really encourage you to get off the beaten path and explore the island. It's a treasure!! :wub:

I have a close friend from here who owns a pl;ace there goes 6-10 times a year he loves It..I have never been but If It's warm I'll take It over the cold....Have fun eat and be Merry.....Are you after a bank there to Scott?????:)

Yep, EuroBank was my target and we also did RG Priemier and Western Bank as well. We dealt the island a pretty big financial blow but if you read the papers and listen to the news the recession is over right? :huh: Luckily I just handled the branches and I am not the honcho on this one, I should be able to get out of here this week. Euro is up in the mountains and the country is beautiful but the cities are another thing. Every and I mean every building is 70 % metal bars, even the houses. I swear everyone on this island is on work release because they come home to prison cells with all the metal fences and bars on the windows and doors. It is the same thing I have seen in all of the tourist destinations I have been in. Once you get into the countryside and out of the tourist areas, it is near 3rd world.

TOXIC

I think I like Costa Rica better :)

Just sent this friend back home. She was in town for a visit....

me and ara.jpg

Thinking about heading there for some billfish in January. She has 6 sisters too...lol

Mini, you are too much!! I was staying at "Party Central" for part of my visit and the Latin women that filed in there every night were gorgeous. They were very friendly as well(wink wink, nod nod). I took a day yesterday and kicked back. Went to the Bacardi factory and bought a bottle of $100 12 year old rum and tasted quite a few. It came with a certificate and they engraved my name on the bottle. I am at the airport waiting to go to Orlando right now. As it stands I am not scheduled for anything until after the MVM. I am SOOO ready for it this year!!

TOXIC

Y'all have a great time! (As if that needs to be said!! :lol: ) Just be careful, too. Travel safe Tox.

Mini - If you plan on heading to the west coast of CR (Nicoya penninsula to be exact), I have some friends that run bill boats and one Tico friend that does some AWESOME inshore trips. (The latter is not a pro, but generations of living there qualifies him for it! Can you say MONSTER Roosterfish??!!) One buddy has a small, beautiful, new hotel in Playa Hermosa overlooking the beach. Let me know and I can definitely hook you up! (Ask some of our BPS friends I've sent. ;) )

I attached a link to my buddy George's place:

http://www.lafinisterra.com/hotel/hotel-description.html

You are the MAN DAN! I am seriously thinking about getting a trip together for next January....

Toxic, that is good news. Hopefully the schedule will remain silent until you have had your fill of smallmouth, crab legs and Michigan WIND/SUN/RAIN/CLOUDS/ETC....

Back