Great Weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James D.

Reaction score
The weather was awesome this weekend as it like got up to 72 deg saturday and 75 deg sunday! It was real windy, but the fish turned on real well saturday. caught 3 largemouth with one weighing 5lb 13oz. my trolling motor cable broke and i had to tie up to some trees which i drifted up to. while i was taking my trolling motor apart i hear a guy from around the bend yell "James, got a 6lb'r" as i looked and i could see him holding up a nice bass. i'm thinkin, dang, i need to get this fixed quick. after i had taken everything apart, and figured out the cable was broke i just started fishing the area i was tied to. I hear another "James, got another one" as i look and i can barely make him out holding up another good fish. i'm stuck tied up to a tree and he is just around the bend catching good fish. i start swimmin a twin tailed grubs through the trees and on about my 4th cast, BAM! i hooked a BIG lm bass and got him hung up in the trees. it was so windy and the tm was broke i couldn't get to her! I cranked the big motor and pushed off, with my rod in one hand and then the motor died, the boat drifted, my thumb slipped and BACKLASH CITY. I'm hangin on to my rod and the line is stretching and i'm crankin the motor and my drag ain't workin cause the reel is all backlashed the fish is going nuts 10 yrds away splashing and i can see my twin tailed grub hooked in her top lip and my line is still stretching and stretching and i can hear it stretching and finally the motor starts, But in the high wind the boat has drifted and i have to turn to keep from getting my prop into the trees and with one last "ting' of the line.

snap

funny sometimes how the biggins get away. i can still see my twin tail grub hooked in her top lip. i was frustrated as you can imagine, but it just felt great on a warm day with a south wind and almost gettin a little sunburn AND the fish were biting. soonerfan loaned me a cable and off we went sunday as it was even warmer. the fish weren't biting though. caught one dink (1lb is a dink isn't it?). just thought i'd share my story with you guys up north where it is snowing.

jd

thanks again soonerfan for letting me borrow the cable from your old mg.

Happy to help J.D. I do think it was a little rude to catch that bass right there in front of me. Oh well, I'm still on track for PETA Angler of the Year. LOL

Harpo

Oh my heart breaks for you James! Losing that fish! YOU GOT ON THE WATER AND GOT BIT....NOW SHUT UP!!!! LOL Closest I've been to a fish is the Wal-Mart pets department and the guppies. Now I know how Scott and Trep feel! LOL Glad you got some hook ups. With the dust now off, go getcha some biguns! A 4 lber is respectable any day. I'd take it in a tourney in a heartbeat!

Yeah, I'm real happy for you! @#$$%@^& I had a good weekend too! I was able to get to my boat and sweep the snow off my cover!

LOL As long as someone is fishing!

Rich D

Be careful.....a notherner experiencing cabin fever and subjected to cruel taunts is like a tiger backed into a corner....going "postal" would be a mild description...

rotfl......poor guy...you probably will lie awake for the next several nites with the "tink" of the line playing over and over....

right now we have 4 inches of snow covered with 1/4 inch of ice and snow flurries with 30mph winds...want to trade places...

just thought a fish story might warm you guys up a little :) LOL weather has turned cold again here too and might get snow thursday. looks like this weekend is out for me too. yeh, i can still hear that "ting" in the line and still see that twin tale grub in her top lip. it will haunt me for a long time.

jd

Imagine having a winning fish on only to lose it at the boat. A $5k fish! I was in a tourney once and had the fish on that would have won it for me. Had him right to the boat on 6lb test and right at the boat, the knot broke! THAT'S why I emphasize knots so much. That fish haunted me for weeks! Or the beast that followed me to the boat in the NBS with Buzz. All of 6 lbs and we could of culled out our dink with it, won big bass and probably made 2nd place instead of 6th. Who knows, maybe even 1st....I still see that big ole arse slowly turning and heading deep again, but not before giving me the middle fin!

Back