Grab Bag projects

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Still new to the site and have spent some time looking at various Grab Bag projects. Neat stuff there! Once the weather gets warmer I'm gonna have to try the rod locker storage idea using the pvc tubes. The last time we were out on the boat we had way too many rods between my wife & I, and a friend that went along. The rods got tangled-up in each other near the front portion under the front deck. What a pain that was getting them out!

Some really good tips there. Just remember when you do the rod locker project, that you need bigger tubes for spinning gear.

Tex

I hadn't thought about bigger tubes for spinning gear. Thanks :)

i installed the tubes last yr using one of the grab bag projects. it worked out pretty good. i used golf club tubes for the casting rods and 1 1/2" pvc for my spinning gear. i put couplings on the end of the pipes to keep them from sliding out of the base plate.

i also made an aluminum bracket for the buts of the rods so they don't just sit on the hull.

on a side note there are times that i wish i just bought a bunch of rod socks because there will come a time that the rod holder will limit how many rods i can keep in the rod locker.

GregD

Thanks for the input :) . I left work a couple hours early today so that I could come home and put a charge on the boat batteries. While I had the boat cover off I took a look at the rod locker and discovered that there's not that big of an opening to install the tubes, due to the size of the opening that is right at the curvature of the hull going forward. I will probably go with the rod sleeves made out of material, and that should keep the poles from getting tangled.

Back