GPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisco Sisk

Reaction score
Greetings all. Xmas has come and gone and it looks like ol' St. Nick forgot to drop off my GPS, AGAIN! I'm gonna have to find a way to get off that "naughty list" once and for all. Until then, I guess I'll just have pony up and let the moths out of my wallet.

I'm looking for a unit that I can use on the road and water with a decent size screen (atleast 4.3). I'd like to get into a model that's compaitble with the Hot spot maps since I already have $200 invested in SD cards. Have any of the navigation giants come out with one unit for both purposes?

Belated merry Xmas to all!

I know of several units that fit a "partial" list of your wants, but none that meet all of those requirements that I know of.

All the best,

Glenn

Tox,

The Lowrance Iway 600C was the one that I was going to tell him about, and it does do marine also (Verified :) ) ... but I am unsure about the Hot Spots map compatibility, and that is why I hesitated. I can't find anything online or on the box that I have at the house. It's in my wifes Jeep, and she's in TX. Otherwise, I'd just go outside and check it out myself.

All the best,

Glenn

I'm not sure if it's still going on or not but Lowrance was offering Virginia Bass Federation members the IWay 600c for $412 as a holiday special. If you go to the Va Bass Fed site and click on the "What's New" link at the top of the page, you can see the offer link beside "October 23".

Steve

HotSpots chips are not compaitable with the 600c (or the 500c that I have).

You can use ANY gps in the car or on the water. Differences are pretty simple. You wont get turn by turn navigation from a "marine" unit on land, and you wont get the mapping options with a "land" unit on the water. The "land" units can be upgraded to different mapping options, but your existing chips wont help you.

Mini

Thanks mini. That is what I was thinking the case was, but I couldn't verify it without the unit here, or the paperwork, which is in my wifes glove compartment.

All the best,

Glenn

Back