Gotta love BBC and great deals!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Mini saw a post on BBC where a guy was selling a brand new, never been installed Hydraulic steering system (the pump, the helm w/tilt, the lines, oil, all parts req'd and 2 sets of instructions and even a steering wheel) for a Merc......for $500.00. That included shipping to my house. It arrived y'day! The guy I bought it from lives in VA.!

I bought it pronto!!:rolleyes: Can't wait 'till spring to put that bad boy on,...it'll make a world of difference! Can't wait for this next year's MVM...my boat will be running awesome and I'll have no issues what so ever. Sure wish I had a heated garage,..I'd do the install this winter,..but I think mini and I can knock it out in a few hours as soon as we get the time to do it! (Maybe I should add a column mounted T&T while it's torn apart?? Intriguing!!) ;)

Well, I'm in Virginia and I didn't sell it to ya!!:lol::lol: Put up pics of the install. And there are lots of portable heaters you can put in the man cave so that you can get it done. Just don't make it too warm or Mini will spend the weekend going through your gear!!:lol:

TOXIC

Nothin' like a heated mane cave to do alot of projects you don't have time for in season.;)

Hope your new system works well:cool:

Just pick a calm day on the water for the install. Install it as run across a lake like glass ...:lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol: Great bargain.

Tox, I would need a month to go through all of it!

Mac, as soon as the kitchen is done we will start the research on the install. We can knock it out in a weekend! A portable heater sounds like a good plan....you can rent one!

SWEEEET!!!...I'll deffinitely rent a heater if you want to do it later this fall...that would be the shiznit!! I sent some pix's of my boat and motor to Larry,..the guy I bought it from, and low and behold if he doesn have a 1992 202 Champ!! He said by the looks of my motor, it would have to be removed from the boat to install the new system,..but,..he also said,.."You can CUT your existing cables off at the motor and you won't have to remove the motor from the boat,....Cut'em if you don't want to keep'em as spares,..it'll save you a lot of hassle and time!!" That was a helluva good idea,....I don't need "spares"...so a cuttin' we will do!!!:rolleyes:

Mac - Mini

I have two heaters in the garage (unvented) and a third vented one... I fire up the unvented ones and get the whole garage up to about 40 degrees in a few hours (has to heat all that stuff). The I fire up the vented one and bring it up to abouyt 55degrees to work comfortably in a heavy shirt or sweatshirt. (Now why all the details, you ask)

Unvented gheaters generate tone of moisture... So, after it gets to forty degrees or so I open every drawer on the tool boxes, the storage drawers etc. Anywhere rust would be a problem... The vented heater quickly dries out the air and moist condensation. Just be aware of the problem and bring the temp up slow.

Latest posts

Back