Got new keys for the Triton - 2 sets!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
The tragedy of losing my boats keys has ended but my cell phone is still at the bottom of Percy Priest.

I was able to get some keys to the ignition from the Yahama dealer and then I loaded the boat up and took it to Clark Marine (Triton dealer). They had keys that fit the compartments so I am all set. They were so nice to me. Very pleasant experience and I will definitely go back there. They fixed my trolling motor while I was there. They adjusted the tension in the foot pedal and greased the top and the middle bearings. I no longer have to stomp on it to get it to turn.

I borrowed my neighbors power washer and cleaned the boat while it was out of the water. It took hours to get the scum off the bottom. They sold me a bottom cleaner that was basically hydrochloric acid. That stuff burns!!!!!!!! Even with gloves I was having a hard time. There has to be something better, less painful.

Launched the boat by myself for the first time today. I felt like a pro. Went much better than I thought it would. I parked my vehicle and went fishing for a few hours. Caught a really nice crappie and about a 2 lb bass and then called it a day. Parked it in my hill-billy boat garage and headed home. Good, relaxing day!

excellent news.

Did you put a good coat of wax on the hull before you put it back in the water? it really helps make the scum come off easier if you leave it in the water.

Glad to hear things are working again. I went out today to practice my trolling motor skills. 15 to 25 mph winds, no fish but great practice........

BF

Now put a set of keys in a "Hide-a-Key velco bag somewhere in the boat. I have a set in my rear compartment. A full set....ignition, compartment locks, toungue lock, and spare lock.

TOXIC

Jim, I thought about the wax and almost posted something here. I read some old posts and most of them say never to wax the hull. Any other opinions on that?

Wax the sides of the boat.....just not the bottom.

Bob G.

The ony place i couldnt wax is the running sueface or "pad" of the boat but the front vee ares andall down the sideds where the scum builds up would be fine.

Back