Got my Keelshield installed :)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I got my keelshield last week and put it on over the weekend. The install was very easy and straight forward. Pretty much everythingi needed was in the package, overall its a great product. The only thing i would have done different was gone with a darker grey or black colored one. The light grey turned out lighter then i expected but still looks great on my boat.

I got a chance to test it out on a concrete ramp on sunday and it worked great. Why i didnt put one of these on sooner i dont know, i really should have.

The best part of the whole deal is i didnt have to suffer Neeley's fate and see Toxic's crack:eek:

Heres the pictures. What do you all think?

Before

9-3-05 142.jpg

After

9-3-05 145.jpg

Looks good!! Takin a peek at my butt crack is just soooo gay!!:p:lol::huh::wacko: Even though I was doin a free install!!:lol::D

TOXIC

We saw some nuts too.....but this is a PG-13 site!!!

Damn....I just threw up in my mouth a little....

Jim - How long did it take you? I'm gonna be looking for one for my Nitro (god, did I just say that, Nitro? Glass boat? I NEED a Keelshield.... AARRGGGGHHHHH>>>>>).

All told it took about an hour to do, that included removeing the spare and gathering the needed extras like alcohol(not the good kind :( and paper towels, and a grease pencil. I also took my time with the prep to make sure it was done right. From what im told the hull prep is the most important step in the whole thing. One thing that makes the job much easier is an extre set of hands to hold it while you trace the outside and put it on. Overall it was pretty easy to put on, i just followed the instructions to a tee with one exception, i taped off the area outside of where i traced and sanded with masking tape so i wouldnt end up sanding too far onto the gel coat.

It only takes Tox about "One tall Jack and Coke" to giter-done!!!

The dude ROX!!

Back