GOOD Unbiased article on P/U Trucks.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Burgess: Buyers Win in Truck Wars

The Detroit News

By Scott Burgess

June 7, 2007

MILFORD

2000 Tundra bought used from an American owned dealership. Still going strong. Got crap from freind who bought new chevy. Quote from him, I only buy GM! why would you buy Toyota? 5 years later, He is trading his GM in for a new GM "because it's in the shop to much" as I pull up to him in his rent a car in my Tundra thats not been in the shop. I will skip the next round of payments this time. I think I won.

I think this sums it up pretty good "the real winner is the truck buyer". Competition is never a bad thing, it just forces them all to step up to the plate and build better trucks. In the end we all benefit from it.

Personally i dont believe for a second that the "imports" are superior and break down less then the "domestics" argument. Not for a nanosecond. The bottom line they are all good truck today, they all have thier faults and they all will need repairs. I think that how you treat and maintain a vehicle has as much if not more to do with its reliability then the emblem on the grill. I read story's like Bills and have to laugh and it truly works both ways. For example. One of my peers at work drives a 06 Tundra, it has been in the shop some 14 or 15 times since he has had it. My 06 Chevy has been in the shop twice, once for the steering shaft replacement and the other it was in the body shop repair some sheetmetal damage from an accident. I also tow with my truck he does not and i have close to double the miles. I drive right by the Toyota dealer every day so i always end up giving him a ride to pick up his truck.

I say buy what you want, they are all good trucks. Personally i would rather buy an "American" truck because. 1) I would rarther support an american company 2) When it breaks(and it will regardless of who made it) parts will be easier to source and will be cheaper and they are easier to work on.

I wuv my 2004 F-150:wub: with it Triton engine and towing package. Me happy:D

So far I'm very pleased with my 07 Silverado....I'm getting 18-19 MPG (Hwy) on the way to work with the 4.8 V8....that's cool!! Plus,..it just looks BADASS!!:wub:

I hate my Dodge..:angry:

But I only have a few payments to go, so I hate to get rid of it.:(

Steve
4631.gif

Mac - What happened to the trailblazer??

The lease was almost up....got into the Silverado since I don't need room for kids anymore!!

Did ya get Red to match the Ranger this time???

He got black to match anything :)

They shoulda kept the trailblazer!!!! (Not Mac....GM!)

Mini

Mini,...We'll have the Trlblzr thru '10 I think....but it'll eventually go away.:huh:

Back