Good day gone bad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Keefe

Reaction score
I got my first wallhanger buck yesterday morning with a bow, so the day started off great. I was getting to my hunting spot by boat, and when I get down to the water with my deer, I see 4' whitecaps washing over the side of my PT185. I fought that boat and the waves for three hours with my hunting buddy, but the strong north wind was too much. I called lake patrol, but we almost sunk his whaler trying to tow my boat off the bank. My boat has been full of water out on the lake for 24 hours and counting. I can't get anyone to help until tomorrow afternoon.

The last thing that I could do before my electric went out was trim down the motor. Bad move. Does anyone know how to manually trim up a merc 90? The motor is wedged in the mud.

Ouch, bad news indeed!. To manually lift the motor you will need a large standard screwdriver. Look on the driver side of the trim unit and you should find a large screw. This is the manual release. Back the screw out a few turns and try to lift the motor. Do not lose engagement on the threads as the screw will come out, and so will all of the fluid. I hope you get her back in good shape!

Don

Back