good adhesive

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Wilhelm

Reaction score
I recently purchased a non-skid rubber mat from Cabela's to protect the bow of the boat. It is a peel and stick type that is cut to fit. I installed the pad and it looked great. As soon as the pad got some water around it, the glue turned to goo, and the pad came off. Apparently the adhesive is not water proof! Anybody know of a good marine grade adhesive that would be easy to apply for something like this?

Saw this stuff on Modern Marvels tv show on the history channel.

STRONG stuff,you can even use it underwater...

Mr stickey's underwater adhesive.
http://www.a-a-i.net/

I bought the same stuff and had the same problem. I use dGorilla Glue and it is strong to say the least. Use as little as you can get away with. It does foam out the sides and hard to clean once it sets up. :blink:

Try some automotive weatherstrip adhesive or what we used to call "Gorilla Snot" in the car business. It's made by either Permatex or 3M. It's waterproof. It's a contact type adhesive so be sure and coat both sides of what you're glueing. Get it at any auto parts store.

Harpo

Gorilla glue works great, but as stated earlier use very little because it does foam a bit and will squeeze out sides.

Back