gift returns?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Okay, how many of you are brave enough to venture to the gift return desk crowds at your local retail store if you got something that doesn't fit, or you just don't like the gift? Not me! How we solve it: Rule#1 at our house - Don't buy clothes for me, I can do that on my own. :)

I went into Walmart about 6:30 this morning to pick up a couple of food items. I thought maybe the grocery end wouldn't be too bad. Hah! When I walked in I noticed that the regular checkouts were backed way up but the self-checkouts, which I always use, weren't too bad or I would have walked back out. As I was walking back to the aisle I needed, an idiot actually ran into me with her cart trying to get to the Christmas candy aisle. She made no apology. I thought "Forget this nonsense", did an about face, and left without my items. People were crawling over each other trying to get that candy. Sheesh! The place will be empty about 6:00 tomorrow morning.

I got a lot of clothes for Christmas since I've lost a bunch of weight and have a very limited wardrobe. I wanted toys! #1 clothing gift was a USMC sweatshirt my son brought me from Camp Lejeune! Hutch

One of my former students is reporting to LeJeune for instructor school. From what I understand, he's going to teach at School Of Infantry when he's done. Only been in (going-on) 4 yrs and he's already been to Okinawa, Hawaii, and done a tour in Afghanistan.

What is the worst job in the world today?

Being a clerk in the WalMart Customer Service department.

Went out, picked up one item at a Linens N Things store, something quick at the local Best Buy, and went home to have leftovers and get away from the crowds.

Tex

Returns on Dec 26.......Thst's what women are for !!!!

Mine LIVES for days like these !

I swear, if there was a "Half-off" sale at Wal-Mart in Iraq, she'd be the first one there !!

you have 30 days to return stuff...why does it have to be lthe 26???? Its like teh day after thanksgiving..you have a whole month to shop but everyone thinks it has to be the day after thanksgiving...

BPS today...:wacko::wacko::blink::blink:

Oh little grasshopper you have so much to learn. There are shoppers and there are SHOPPERS. There are people that buy stuff when they need or what it and there are people who have never worked retail and just don't know any better. It won't be long before shopping will be labeled an addiction and all there actions excused..

BF

OK i braved it with the family (and mom/niece in tow) but NOT to return, to SHOP!! Kohls for the sale before 1pm since my wife is Kohlsaholic and had lots of extra discounts, and then Value City for the kids, they have 50% off all tows the day after, my boys had some $$ left from their allowance and bought some stuff, my Niece bought my kids a few tows and I got a pair of jeans! Lines at noon were not that long, and then off to lunch.

I'm usualy one of those "shoppers" who's out at 5am on black friday getting great deals at fishing stores and electronic stores. But this year, I got better deals the weekend before (panasonic DVD camcorder for $399 after rebates) which was no higher then on Black Friday and I didn't need to rush/fight!

No need to deal with crowded parking lots, pushy and rude people, I take the easy way out and get the day after Christmas discounts without ever leaving the comfort of my home. I returned a sweater to LL Bean by putting the prepaid return sticker on the box it came in and left it out for the post man for todays pickup. Then I called LLBean and ordered another sweater and instead of paying $49. it was on sale for $19.60. Then I went online to Cabela's and did a little shopping for my self and saved 50% on my purchases, then I was off to REI and picked up a couple of items at 65% off.

Online shopping rocks! :D

Cass

Agrees with Cass!!!! I buy stuff from Cabelas and Bass Pro when it's on sale and instead of birthday or Xmas!

Bob G.

Back