Getting a 2008 Tracker to look new

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all . . . .I am new to this site. Have been reading all your great tips and advice for the past several months, and I can tell you all know a great deal about Nitros and Trackers. . . I purchased my first boat a few months ago (2008 Tracker Pro Team 175TXW). I have been reading the thread on taking care of the Nitros, but what would you suggest to get the Aluminum hull on my Tracker looking like new??? Your expertise would be appreciated.

Clean it with a good aluminum cleaner, then apply a protectant to keep it looking good and make it easier to clean. I use BTS (Bow to Stern) and it works well on aluminum too. I used an aluminum cleaner from StarBrite I believe that was decent.

After you get it polished, google Sharkhide. Pricey but I have seen the results on Tee's rig, pictures in his library.....stuff is da bomb.

TOXIC

i use aluminex on my pro 17 and i spray it on and scrub it in, let it sit for a few mins and just rinse it off. wear gloves when using it. its very powerful

aluminex is probably your best best. As Pete said it is very strong, and you want to keep rinsing your trailer as to prevent paint peal.

Great advice! Thanks guys. . . does anyone have any experience with Toon-Bright Aluminum Boat Polish and Restorer from Bass Pro Shops? Aluminex and BTS aren't sold locally for me, so I would need to order on line. . . .sounds like they work, so I will give them a try.

TOXIC. . . .Who is Tee?? I can't find his profile/library to check out the photos using Sharkhide.

Here ya go.....from his Library,

boat.jpg

Sharkhide:

http://www.sharkhide.com/

DANG I went BLIND again! Stop that Tox!!!

Toon bright will work just as good as the aluminex. i would also agree with constant rinsing of the trailer.

E-mail me anytime. And YES it looks as good today....8 years later.

So...there's your proof!

Only problem with acids is you'll still have to polish if you want it to look right so why bother with the acid washes?

Back