Gettin' BETTER!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Keep it up MoTown,....We're GAINING on'em!!;)

Buyers Rate GM, Ford High

Detroit Free Press

By Joe Guy Collier

Aug. 14, 2007

Detroit automakers gained ground in a University of Michigan customer satisfaction survey set to be released today, marking the second report in a week that shows positive signs for the quality of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. brands.

Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus brand ranked first in the study, which asks car owners to rate their satisfaction with the vehicles they own. Lexus scored 87 on a 100-point scale.

Ford's Lincoln and Mercury brands, GM's Buick and Cadillac brands and BMW all tied for second at 86. The scores are part of the American Customer Satisfaction Index produced by the University of Michigan's National Quality Research Center.

The scores are encouraging for Detroit because they come in a year when the domestic nameplates

Any rumors of Chebby following Dodge's lifetime warranty ???

I really don't want my next new truck to be a another Mopar..:(

Steve

Wait till y'all see the new Rams coming out...they will blow you away.

My wife does most of Dodge's national ad campaigns....they are working on the Ram right now...WOW is all I can say w/o revealing secrets.

Hey Mac, I got my new Silverado extended cab LTZ today, and it is the finest truck I have ever been in. I PEPed it that's why I got a 2007. Made in Ft Wayne, In. It should look good pulling my 929. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

cool Mac, thaks for sharing... Its good to read stuff like that.

Quick question. Is that GM out the door cert deal still going on? A friend of mine is getting ready to buy a truck and im trying to sway him to the GM side :)

Actually im trying to get him to buy my 06 silvy so i can get an 08ltz with the vortec max:wub:

Steve,...Here are some "FACTS" comparing the "New" Dodge Lifetime Warranty to GM's current 100K warranty......don't get sucked into their "hype"....GM's is far more inclusive!!

There's no need for GM to "follow" their lead, when theirs still doesn't cover everything ours does,....plus more!!

Internal comparison of GMPT 100k warranty with Chrysler recently announced lifetime powertrain warranty.

Attached is our best understanding of the differences between the various powertrain warranties that exist today.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Basically, the ONLY item covered by the new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty that we don't cover is the belt tensioner while the Chrysler warranty excludes the following items that we DO cover:

Throttle Body

PCM

Starter

Fuel Pump

Fuel Injectors

Fuel Rail

Clutch

Slave Cylinder

Wheel Bearings - Drive & Non-drive axles

Other differences:

The Chrysler warranty is non-transferable while ours is automatically transferred to each subsequent owner for no charge Their warranty only covers U.S. sold vehicles while ours covers U.S. and Canada

Their warranty excludes certain vehicles (diesel equipped, SRT vehicles, Sprinter Vans, Ram Cab-Chassis vehicles, rental, governmental fleets, police vehicles & taxi) while ours only excludes Medium Duty Trucks

Their warranty does not cover roadside assistance. Ours does.

Their warranty does not cover courtesy transportation. Ours does.

Their warranty requires a dealer inspection every 5 years (+/- 60 days) to keep the warranty in effect. Ours does NOT

Jack.....I have the same truck and it's by FAR, the best GM vehicle I've ever owned! Mine was built in Ft.Wayne too and it's a Black on Black Z71 4x4 w/ ext cab & short box P/U with the 4.8L V8 in it. It pulls my 520 like it's not even back there and I get 18-19mpg Hwy (w/o the boat) and 13mpg w/boat. Now that my kids are both in college and have their own cars,....I'll never be without a truck or SUV of some sort!! LOVE'em!! :D:rolleyes::wub:
[/b]

Great info Mac. I hadn't really studied how extensive the warrenty actually was. My Dodge is creeping up on 100 K, about time to start looking into a new one. As I stated is won't be a ..

Darn

Old

Dirty

Gas

Eater

Steve

Maybe I missed it but just what kind of warranty is Ford offering now that General Motors and Chrysler are offering those 100K warranties?

Bring that 06' down to Maryland Jim and we'll make a deal.:cool:

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back