Gel or tin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
Ok, a while back some one posted the question fiberglass or aluminum in the trees? We always had aluminun Trackers. We finally moved up to a 1990 Nitro. Now two of the lakes we fish are packed with trees, I mean packed. We went out today and I did not even think about it. Wth the Trackers we just fished and never gave the trees a second thought. Today when we were done my wife looks at the Nitro and says ,oh my!!! look!!! I learned a lesson the hard way. This poor nitro is scratched all over below the rub rail. Boat is black metal flake. Now it has an adornment of white scratches all over its hull. Crap. The answer to the tin vs. fiber question got answered today. If you are going into heavy timber on a regular basis go with the "tin" folks. I have seen the dark side of the timber today. Darn Trackers are made for that stuff. I see I had better keep what is left of my Gel out in open water from now on. Hard lesson.

try this test to see how deep scratchs are take some clear coat paint like you buy in auto parts store and goin scratch with it if the scratch comes ouy the same color asyour gelcoat then post again and I will give directions on making it look like new

it comes with a small brush in the bottle just paint it in scratch with the small brush

JD

My tin 03 175 stickers looked terrible after a few fishing in the timber also though.

I should have said the Tin Trackers of the eighties, They were not painted and the aluminum hulls only showed a little buffing after a day in the trees. Should have held on to it for running in the trees. Maybe my father in law will let me borrow it once in a while. It stayed in the family.

Back