Gear Guard Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan McCloskey

Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted to let you know about an "after market" warranty you can now buy on gear from Bass Pro Shops. I know we all shriek when we hear "would you like to add the extended warranty with your purchase". I've felt that way myself until I was spending money on my kids Game Boys, Play Station, Sony PSP, IPODs and those types. Let

It sounds pretty good but I'd have to look into it with more detail. Loomis Rods for instance, and many other high end rods don't they usually have lifetime warranty's? I think it would depend what the cost was Dan but thanks for the heads up! And why won't they refund the tax you paid on the item you bought? You'll have to pay tax on anything you replace the bad until with?

Uncle Billy

Dan, where can I get that warranty? In the store, online? Just paid $700.00 bones for a GPS and sure would like to have more coverage than just the one year it came with. Thanks.

JP

JP,

If you live close enough to a Bass Pro just take your receipt in and you can have it done there. If not, call 1-866-618-5787 (Gear Guard) and see what they have to say. I'm sure there has to be a way to take care of you. Probably by sending them a copy of the receipt and bar code. Let me know how this works out for you.

Uncle Billy,

I stand corrected. You are right, I forgot G.Loomis rods and some others do have a lifetime warranty on them so it would not be worth wild on them. As I stated in my post, you have to look at each purchase separately to determine if it is worth it. Not all items will be.

Hey that's ok Dan..Like I said I appreciate the heads up on this because I invariably turn those things down when offered. Now, I'll listen closer and really try to understand

what their saying about those extended warranties.

Uncle Billy

Hey Dan, I live close to the Savannah store, so I'll have my wife run the receipt up there, I'm currently soaking up a year's worth of rays in Korea.....ha ha ha. I'll let you know how they treat me, thanks for the info!

JP

Latest posts

Back