Gasoline Treatment

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenn Jamerson

Reaction score
In an earlier post I was asking about a problem with water in the gas tank. I was planning to add gas treatment such as STP or Heet. My engine is a 75 HP Tracker by Mercury. Is it safe to use such treatments? Is it safe to use gasoline containing Ethanol?

Do not use any products containg ethol or methol alcohol. If you must use something, make sure it is isopropyl alchohol only. It is what we Candians use in Our 2 stroke snowmobiles to eat up any water in the tank.

Bill

Champion 176 is right, Ethanol will blow that motor up and bigtime. alchol and 2 strokes dont mix. i would get some mercury Dri-Fuel, its made for merc 2 stroke motors, so you know its the right stuff

There's also a water-seperating fuel-filter that you can add, which is HIGHLY recommended. It looks like an oil filter.

The problem with gas is that none of us really know what is in it anymore. It is a real chemical soup and doesn't even smell like gas. I really hope that all the people that manufacture anything that runs on "gas" have protected the consumer as best they can through design and technology...

JJ..

Thanks for your help. Soonerfan, I did not realize Sta-bil was useful for helping to get water out of the tank. I'm not disagreeing I was just not aware of it. I will try that or the Dri-Fuel as was suggested by another reply.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I just know that some of those water removal treatments for cars are hard on 4 cycle motors, I would hate to think what they do on engines that depend on the fuel to also deliver the lubricant. I would be very cautious using them because they contain a lot of alchol. I'm no expert here but gut feeling is stay away from stuff like Heet and the like. Plus I own stock in the Sta-bil company.

just kidding.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back