Gander Mtn Seminar

• Thread starter Rob LaMoy [URL]http://www.gandermountain.com/semin
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Check it out. I'm scheduled to do a seminar at Gander Mtn this weekend on clear water bassin'. They were supposed to put a link of to my site as well. Oh well, that's not really why I'm doing it anyway. Just trying to promote the sport more.

I did one a few weeks ago for Dick's Sporting Goods and was TRYING to give away baits to kids. You would have thought I had a Senko hanging from each nostril with the way these kids acted. I had to go GET them to give them baits. WHY would they want to fish when they have they Xbox and Playstation at home? LOL And parents don't take them anymore. Is it any wonder fishing and hunting are on steady declines.

Well, I'll do my part any way. I have a 2 hour slot to fill.
http://www.gandermountain.com/seminars/seminaritem.asp_Q_id_E_3636

Thats pretty neat Rob: Now don't go telling them about your secret bait for Champlain.

Hey Rob,

I wanna see a picture with senko's hanging out each of your nostrils.

It's sad. Very few of the students here fish anymore. A lot do deer hunt though. Maybe more guys get started later than when we did as kids. There's no shortage of cars and tailers at the few boat ramps around here.

But your right it's a lot easier to sit your chubby little butt down in front of a computer game than ride your bike to the pond to fish.

fatrap

This winter I made a nice hockey rink on the river across the road from my house. I groomed it, making banks, a bench for putting on skates, filled cracks, and even flooded it with a garden hose. The ice was near perfect for pond/river ice. I even put a stinkin' sign out front welcoming everyone to use it. It's right smack in the middle of town and everyone can see it. No kids used it. When we were kids, we went all out on our rinks with blue lines, lights, a heated shed/locker room, etc. We played until we froze or had to go home. Not kids today, you can make the stupid rink for them and they still won't play.

Must be a lot easier to hit O button, X button, R1/L2, X button and then the Start button to score your goals! LOL

Good point..When we were kids we would take off first thing in the morning.We would usually eat at whichever friends house we were at at the time.

Night-time would roll around and we would all gather together for a game of release,big neighborhood game,20-30 kids,every weekend.

Mom would have to drag us into the house kicking and screaming(not literally)LOL

Now it's just the opposite,I chase the kids outside all the time.Shut down the playstation and tell them "outside NOW".When I go fishing or take the dog to the lake to swim,it's usually just me and the dog.

Steve

GM is a good place for getting trips. I did a seminar there a couple of weeks ago and got 1 trip that I know of out of it.

My kid must be from the "old school" !!LOL!! I have to drag her IN the the house kickin and screamin!! She can usually be found down at the pond up to her armpits in mud with buckets full of frogs, tadpoles, salamanders, toads and assorted snakes. She takes after her dad.

TOXIC

We've got a varied mix of kids here at our school, with a good portion of the ones who like the outdoors. Usually the ones who sit at home playing game boy (or whatever it is) don't do well in our jrotc unit. The highlight of the cadets week is on Friday when we run the obstacle course (school board installed for us). I've got a couple of kids who can get a running start, jump, and grab the top of the 10' wall and pull themselves over. Got a few who go on 65 mile hikes with our senior instructor.

Back