GA folks - T&S Marine

• Thread starter Teri C. [URL]http://www.tnsmarine.com/[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this dealer?

They have alot of nice late model used boats. Their ad for a 2004 Ranger Reata 180 (yellow of course) caught my eye on boattrader.com. They had it priced at 14995 with a 115. It's sold (I had to call) but they said they were getting another one in with a 150 next week but its burgundy. What's up with the low prices? Are they just a dump for dealers with used boats?

http://www.tnsmarine.com/

I heard they buyt alot of repo boats and re-sell them. Also I belive they recarpet all the boats they get in. My buddy bought his Tracker from them and had zero problems with anyone there. He had the oil injection go down on his motor and blew his motor and they repaired it under warranty (30 day went bad on day 29). He had no issues on that either.

Donnie

Teri, I've been there a handful of times. I am always treated respectfully while there. However, be careful. A lot of the boats they get in look pretty beat. I often find things in person that I didn't see in the online photos. They have some good deals, but the boat needs to be examined carefully before purchase.

There are a number of dealers that specialize in repo'd boats (a really big one in Dickinson, TX). If you watch closely, and can act quickly, you can get a great deal.

Tex

That Mercedes needs a new boat......HA HA HA...JR

I've never heard anything bad from any of the fellas there. They recarpet quite a few boats a year and buy many trades from other dealers that don't want to deal with older merchandise as well as the occasional repo. As with ANY used boat, I recomend using an independent party to check the powerhead and thoroughly check the rigging BEFORE bumping off the curb. Check the title also to see how many names have been on it. Any warranty questions can come down to what number you are on the title. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..) They do a very good job of refurbishing boats. I have recomended them before and have no reason to stop.

Thanks for the comments. I don't plan on buying this summer but I can at least watch their ads for when I do want something else.

Back