Fury Prop On Mercury 225 And Nitro 929 Cdx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Bonneson2

Reaction score
Looking for reports of how the prop performed with the combination listed above.

Until now I have used the Tempest plus, which has served me well, but it was time for an upgrade and I could pass up the price.

Any information/report that can be provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan B.

i have a 2004 NX 898 DC (Z8) with a 225 Mercury Opti Max it came with a Tempest Plus 25 pitch this boat was a pig getting out of the hole and ran on top RPM of 5400 . I bought a Fury 24 pitch what a difference day and night. The hole shot twice as fast top end speed 3 MPH faster and loads on the trailer so fast you have watch it cause it will push your truck up the ramp. Top RPM went to 5700 and made it like a different boat.

Looking for reports of how the prop performed with the combination listed above.

Until now I have used the Tempest plus, which has served me well, but it was time for an upgrade and I could pass up the price.

Any information/report that can be provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan B.
What is your top speed with that 24 p fury on that 898?

i have a 2004 NX 898 DC (Z8) with a 225 Mercury Opti Max it came with a Tempest Plus 25 pitch this boat was a pig getting out of the hole and ran on top RPM of 5400 . I bought a Fury 24 pitch what a difference day and night. The hole shot twice as fast top end speed 3 MPH faster and loads on the trailer so fast you have watch it cause it will push your truck up the ramp. Top RPM went to 5700 and made it like a different boat.

Sorry but i sold it already, my back up prop is a Power Tech 4 blade 13 3/4 x 24 p this prop ran better then the Tempest 14 1/2 x 25 p not as fast as the Tempest but a lot better hole shot. Down here in Florida we fish a lot of skinny water and hole shot is a must.

Sorry but i sold it already, my back up prop is a Power Tech 4 blade 13 3/4 x 24 p this prop ran better then the Tempest 14 1/2 x 25 p not as fast as the Tempest but a lot better hole shot. Down here in Florida we fish a lot of skinny water and hole shot is a must.

Jerry, thanks for the information. I have a 2006 NX898 with a 200 mariner. I am running a 23p 4 blade. I am able to stay on plane a lot slower with it than the 3 blade but on take off I blow the prop and really have to feather it to bite. Some numb nut drilled out the pvs holes so now the plugs will not fit. I am considering the 24 Power Tech 4 blade too. With two fat boys, full fuel and livewells the 25p tempest it came with will not get it on plane. Have you considered moving the trolling motor batteries into the front of the center tackle compartment to help with forward balance too? I am going to try it I think. It will require some engineering to hold them down but might pay off.

I believe that moving the batteries up front will kill some of your top end. I would take the prop to a prop shop and have the holes welded shut and start by drilling a 3/8 hole and go up from there till it's were you need to be that's the cheapest fix. However before ordering your Power-Tech call them and they will know which 4 blade to get they have a lot of types to chose from. I have 4 batteries all in the back so it can be done with a little trial and error. Merry Christmas

New member with same issue of hole shot on my 2008 Nitro 898 with 225 Opti max 25 pitch Tempest. 10" Atlas hydrolic added along with TH hole shot plate. Taking off in the morning with co-angler and full tank 50 gallons is fine. As the day progresses the hole shot suffers. Have to ask my co angler to sit on the front deck : ( I have tried lowering and raising the jack plate. I see the 4 bladed props on the market. HELP!!

New member with same issue of hole shot on my 2008 Nitro 898 with 225 Opti max 25 pitch Tempest. 10" Atlas hydrolic added along with TH hole shot plate. Taking off in the morning with co-angler and full tank 50 gallons is fine. As the day progresses the hole shot suffers. Have to ask my co angler to sit on the front deck : ( I have tried lowering and raising the jack plate. I see the 4 bladed props on the market. HELP!!
What is your wot top rpm and speed.

Loaded with 2 souls and full live well & gas. Once up on plane, about 5700 rpms 60 MPH

What is your wot top rpm and speed.
I had to put my original jack plate back on my 2003 Nitro 883 150hp zero xr6 in order to get back my hole shot.. Atlas was terrible with any kind of help.. They do make a wedge plate for negative trim with the original jack plate has built onto it.Also what they call a Hole Shot.
Order a 5deg new plate from bass pro and will try them and see if thats gets my hole shot back.. Im done with THMarine they suck in
customer service.

I had a 150 XR6 on my 1996 Nitro Savage 884 It had a 6" CMC hyd. jack plate. Played a lot with props and found a Power Tech prop 4 blade to work the best for that boat. But you need to get the RPM's up around 5500-6000 that's when those outboards really run.

Latest posts

Back