Full Sized Pickups - MAN they got HUGE!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well we decided to rent a full sized crew cab pickup for the next week, ended up with an '07 F150 crew (sorry mac, Enterprise didn't have GM Trucks), and let me tell you something, this thing is HUGE!! I thought Beka's '96 Dodge Ram club cab was tall and wide but GEEZE, I could fit our family, pets and all my tackle in the cab!!! LOL Only problem was my butt is too small for the seats, every turn I slid half way to the other side!!! BBWWWAAAA

OK it did settle my thoughts on what size truck I want next year, definetly a mid-sized now, unless I put on 100lbs in China! OK make that 106lbs, i've lost 6lbs in the last 6 weeks since surgery :-0

Trep

Wish you all the best, but I doubt you will gain any weight in China. You are only going so you can be the big guy for a change......LOL

Please keep in touch I want to hear everything about your adventure. Again you have my respect you are a braver man than I.

BF

The three "mid-size" choices are; Dakota, Chevy/GMC Colorado/?, and (arguably Toyota Tacoma, smallest of the three). The Toyota and Chevy are very underpowered (IMO) and the Dakota (asnd we have one) is for all practical purposes no more economical than the full size Ford you are using. Since we have both I have a fair platform to view and discuss the issues from... Each has it's pluses... I love the Dakota when I need to drive a truck into the City of Chicago because the slightly smaller size is beneficial in the "urban" world. But, other than that, it does not tow as well (as nerly as economical) as my full size F-150 SuperCrew). So before you leap to any conclusions test them all... and test them hard not just for an around the block drive...

Bruce...

In my experience there is a very fine (almost invisible) line between "brave" and "stupid"... I am worried about which one applies here...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Trep, what you need is the F-150's little brother:

rts20061101st00.jpg

So Trep...if you lost 6 lbs, wheres that put you at ? and even 100 ?:lol:

Trust me...you have nothing on my dad when it comes to skinny:huh:

Great idea SoonerFan, but I prefer the nostalgiac look ...

COE.jpg

Yeah Rich the Spor Trak would work, gotta find a GREAT deal on a red one next year!!! Greg, yea I figure on the fuel economy there isn't much difference, but I tell ya being a skinny butt guy, I've LOVED The seats in my Kia Minivan for the last 4 years, our bigger Honda Odessy from '99 the front seats were like my mother-n-law's late 90's Taurus or how they used to call the 6 cylinder Mustang "theater" seats. The Kia was made for the asian market so its got seats about the same size as the old camero, nice and tight/small!!!

I'll drive all the trucks when we get back, but like the look for the F150, just too darn big for me!!!

Was it Dirty Harry who said ... "a man has to know his limitations" ... ?

With a FIZO Big Crew, it will be very difficult to see the empty trailer, particularly that of his 640 [or 700, momentarily forgot what he's got]. I suspect Trep's diminutive size will only compound the issue.

I fully agree on the seats in the Crew; I was just mentioning to my backseater the other day that I wish the seats had more side wing support.

Latest posts

Back