Fuel/Water Separator

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions (perhaps a fellow TV-18 owner) of where I can mount a fuel/water separator on my rig?

I put one on my pontoon a couple seasons ago, I had a plethora of location options, so it was a piece of cake. The TV-18 is confounding me though, the splashwell is too shallow to mount it above deck and access is gonna be somewhat of a challenge below deck, not necessarily for the install, I can just remove the rear deck, but I don't want to have to do that just to change out a filter.

I suppose that's an option Mac. I'm a little leary about having a fuel source running so close to my batteries though, it would be pretty tight.

Smitty,

I can not help with the sepcific TV-18 question. But, my seperator is mounted in the battery comparment right between the battery (cranking) and next to the oil can. When I perform maintenance on the filter, I let it air out really well before anything else gets plugged in.

If it is operating correctly, no issues with the fumes as there are none!

If you need pics, let me know.

Carlos

Thanks Carlos. I suppose that's where I'll put it then. I'll just have to run some extra fuel line from the tank then. Appreciate the input.

Latest posts

Back