Fuel/Water Separator Mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Gents, just purchased a fuel/water separator and it didn't come with any mounting instructions, hence, my plea for information from the Knights of the Nitro Table. I have a 95 170TF. Where in the bilge area would be the best place to mount the filter and what would be the best method? I don't have any experience working with fiberglass so I don't really favor the trial and error method on this one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Oh yeah, it didn't come with any mounting hardware either...:huh:

JP

Just to bump to the top and ask a couple questions....What motor? Is it the cannister type of filter or the inline paper? My seperator is on my motor and I know for a fact there are some do's and dont's with the install. As for the mounting hardware, all you should need are 2 screws and 2 hoseclamps right? If it is an inline, just the hoseclamps. Make sure you get the flow direction right. I thought I read a couple of things about how close to the motor/gastank it should be and that it should be higher than the tank if possible. I'll let the moe edumacated give you the details!!:lol:

TOXIC

I've got the 75 hp Mercury motor. It's the spin off canister type of separator and the housing is triangular with three bolt holes. The way the boat is configured, there is no way to get the filter higher than the tank. I didn't want to drill/screw into the fiberglass. I had thought of using some type of epoxy/adhesive to secure a piece of wood to the inside of the bilge area and then mount the filter housing onto the wood. But, knowing the vibration and all that goes on in a boat at WOT, I figured I would check with ya'll before doing anything. I picked up the fuel line barbs and hose clamps so that's good to go, I just need to figure out how to mount the entire contraption to the boat. Thanks!

JP

Mounting right ot the boat would not be a prolbem. Hull is thick enough, but if you want to do the wood mount that should work. Mount using the epoxy resin just like they set the Depth Finder tranducer into. Vibration should not be an issue. I had a 700XL and mounted my three bank battery charger using that method. Glued the wood to the hull, screwed the charger to the wood. Never and issue

Mine is mounted inside the motor housing right next to the oil reservoir.(200EFI)Chris F.

Latest posts

Back