Front Deck Lid Holes | Help Identify

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveM

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 Sport SF and I recently finished re-carpeting the whole boat. I noticed on the front deck lids, the live well and the side storage bin have two wholes on them that I'm not sure what they go to? Additionally on the same side of the lid pull strap and lock there is a small whole on the down side of the lid that the pull strap bolts on to, but on the opposite side of the wholes I'm trying to identify, not sure what that is for either.

signal-2021-03-30-153118.jpeg

I've got a 1996 Sport SF and I recently finished re-carpeting the whole boat. I noticed on the front deck lids, the live well and the side storage bin have two wholes on them that I'm not sure what they go to? Additionally on the same side of the lid pull strap and lock there is a small whole on the down side of the lid that the pull strap bolts on to, but on the opposite side of the wholes I'm trying to identify, not sure what that is for either.

View attachment 1448
Do the holes look like they are original from the factory, or added by a previous owner? Maybe they are for a gas strut, rope, etc. to limit how far the lid opens, or to hold the lid in an open position. The lid on my rod storage just barely opens past 90 degrees before resting on the inside of the boat. Once, as I was pulling out a couple of rods, the wind slammed the lid closed, breaking one rod about 4 inches from the tip.
I picked up a gas strut to hold the lid open, and found there were already holes in the lid in just the right position.

Latest posts

Back