For the Fiberglass Experts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
While wiping down the boat today I found a crack on the drivers side right below the drivers seat on the lower side of the boat just above the bottom. Where it is located is actually hidden by the fender bunk while on the trailer. I hope I described this somewhat clear. It looks like crowsfeet and is approximately 8 inches long and has 4 cracks on each side of the center. Is this something I need to worry about or is it merely a gelcoat crack from flexing ? I have a 1998 700LX with a 125 hp Mercury. Thanks for any responses.

Beck, I have seen on the BBC board many questions & answers to this issue. I also heard that the only boat that does not have gelcoat stress cracks are the ones that have never been used in the water or tied down to a trailer.

BTW - How have you been? Long time since I have seen you on this board. :)

Definately keep an eye on it. Might even be worth a trip to the dealer, they might fix it.

Pat, Is this type of damage caused by a wave ? I will contact my dealer and see who they use for fiberglass repairs, I do not know of any in Pa. Thanks.

Back